sixteen

BRIELLE COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT SHE WAS HEARING.

The sick killers had gotten rid of Chad while Ethan was with her. She had been distracted. She must have been with Ethan long enough for them to murder Chad.

She didn't want anything to happen to her sisters, which was making her think she should stop playing dead.

Bailey had already walked past and saw her "dead body", so he thought she was really gone. Of course, he wasn't intelligent enough to check if Bri was really gone.

Now, she loved Ethan back, but she didn't love him enough to betray or harm her sisters.

She heard the screams of Quinn from the other room, and she only hoped that Quinn was killed by one of her sisters. This gave Brielle the courage to try and go after Bailey.

Brielle stood up, looking like a walking corpse. Blood was splattered all over her body, and she was struggling to stand. She never knew what it felt like to loose blood from a stab wound before.

She opened the door quietly and approached the shrine room. When Brielle first peered in, she saw nobody. But then she saw him cowering in the corner. Bailey.

How pathetic was he to be that scared of Sam and Tara?

Brielle held a knife in her hand, one of the ones from the display cases. She crept up on him and then lunged at him with all of her strength. The knife went into his back.

"Who the hell-" he muttered before turning around and facing the blood-covered blonde.

"Impossible! Ethan killed you!"

"If that's what you believe," Brielle smirked before stabbing him over and over again.

He must of been so startled when she attacked that his gun fell to the ground. Brielle reached for it before the detective could even get a chance to.

Bailey was on the ground, trying to crawl away from the determined Carpenter girl in front of him.

"Please! Show me mercy."

"Why would I?"

Bailey shook his head with a evil but blood-filled laugh. "You're just like your sisters. You're a killer. You're basically a Ghostface."

"There's only one Ghostface out of the two of us."

Brielle reloaded the gun and shot Bailey right in the head.

She even gasped when she realized she actually killed him. She wasn't the innocent and sweet blonde girl she was at the beginning of all this. She was capable of killing someone.

"Brielle!" a voice called.

Sam and Tara came running towards her. "You're alive! Bailey said you were dead..." Tara said.

Sam glanced over at Bailey's lifeless body. "Nice job."

The three sisters laughed, and embraced for a short few seconds. "We still haven't killed Ethan," Sam spoke.

Brielle's heart weakened at the sound of his name. Ethan tried to save her from all of this, she couldn't just kill him in return.

And that wasn't the only reason she couldn't kill him. Brielle had fallen for a Ghostface and she had fallen hard.

"I-I can't," Brielle managed to choke out.

"He tried to kill you!"

Brielle knew that they heard the wrong story. "No... he tried to save me. He helped me fake my death. But I decided that I couldn't live with Bailey harming either one of you."

Tara smiled sweetly at her twin sister's explanation.

"But Brielle, did you really know Ethan was a killer this whole time?" her twin questioned.

Brielle looked down in guilt. "Yes..."

Before Tara could respond, there was a loud bang from the other room. "What was that?" Sam said, gritting her teeth in anger.

"I'll go check," Bri offered.

Her two sisters looked at each other in concern. "I don't think you should. It could be a trap," Sam argued.

Tara shot a look at Bailey's body. "Brielle has shown she's capable of anything. I trust her, Sam. Just please be careful... in case it's him."

Brielle nodded, knowing, or at least hoping deep down that if it was Ethan she came across, he wouldn't harm her.

She walked out the room, now turning the corner where the noise came from.

"Hello, sweetheart."

It was a trap.