30. Morning after

"Sometimes we lose people we never thought we would, sometimes the people we trust the most, hurt us. Sometimes really unfortunate really messy things happen, and we cannot control it, we cannot control how they show up for us or how they treat us. But we can always make sure that we show up for ourselves and fight for our own happiness"

---

You opened your eyes and you gasp when you saw Reginald standing by the bed holding a tray with cookies and a glass of water.

"Okay, that's creepy" you said "Did I scare you?" he asked "Have you ever heard of knocking?" you asked as you rolled your eyes.

"Why are you here?" you asked "Isn't it obvious? I'm here to feed you, child" he said and you raised a brow.

"I can feed myself, so you can leave" you said "I have some...concerns to share" he said "About what?" you asked "You" he said "About me? Why?" you asked and Reginald sat down by the bed.

"I think you struggle with the these powers you possess. Because of the conversation we had in 1963, I get the impression that you're attempting to contain the witch and monster inside of you" he said "And why does it concern you?" you asked "You don't have to keep the monster and witch inside of you in order to save your love ones and keep them save, not hurting them. Especially Five. So will you let me help you with these powers" he said "You've done enough damage to all of us" you said.

"May I remind you, I am not the Hargreeves you knew. Yes, we share the same DNA, impeccable style and mannerims, but I can assure you our life circumstances are very different" he said.

"I believe that you are still the same and I have proof 'cause you still abused the Sparrows. Different kids, but still the same Reginald Hargreeves. Sorry to say, but even if you have gotten all kind and soft now. I still don't trust you. Especially when you treated us Number Eights as your lab rats" you said "Pardon me?" he asked "Toby told me everything that you did to him. You don't need any Number Eight in any Academy. You just wanted someone to experiment on" you said "That's not true--"

"Liar. If my mom haven't ask you to train me. The Umbrella Academy would still have carry on. It did after I left. And if you haven't met me back in 1963. I believe that Sabrina would be alive today. We're just lab rats to you, nothing else" you said.

"You are cable of great things, if you just let me studie you" he said "I don't want to be some animal for you to poke and prod on with needles" you said.

"Listen, you can still save the world" he said "How?" you asked "There is a chance to save the universe. A chance to get that life you were supposed to life if all of this wasn't happen" he said and you looked at him "A chance?" you asked and he nodded.

"If I'm offering you a chance to be with your mom again or live that life you and Five could live together. A life where you and Five could get married. Why could you turn that down?" he asked "Because I need more than a chance" you said "What is it you want?" he asked "I want a good life, that's all I have ever wanted. I know that it would never happen, but if I could, then I want my mom and grandmother to meet Five, because I know they would love him and he would love them" she said "And I can give that to you. If you help me get my children into the other side. I can assure you that before the day is over, Five could meet your mom and grandmother for the first time and your life can go on how you wish, Natalie. You could have the life you and Five could have had, if the world wasn't ending" he said.

There were so many things that you had missed out while being in a coma. So many things you and Five could have experience together if you haven't forgotten about each other.