Chapter 4: Party?

Earth time: 6/30/1918

Thursday

Vale, Vale Docks

Jack was relaxing on the boat, talking with CFVY while Dave and Brad were messing around since his other officers knew what to do, and he isn't needed. After all he is still a soldier under the British Empire due to them still being a dominion of the British Empire.

Jack was once again petting Velvet who was enjoying it.

Jack: So, what ya guys do round here?

Velvet: Fight the Grimm, or just take a moment to relax. Like now.

Jack: Grimm? Those black creatures that fought the US marines?

Coco: Yup.

Jack: Well, least we got a name for em now.

Fox: That's what you were worried with?

Jack: Course, it was somewhat easy to kill them. Problem with them was numbers at the start, and we weren't expecting them.

Yatsu: Well, here's a question.

Jack: Hit me.

Yatsu: If you saw a horde of Grimm coming, what would you do?

Jack: Me personally, fight to my last breath as any Aussie would, but if I was with my men and such.

Jack then explained how the military would've dealt with them.

Jack: Like any battles before, hit them with artillery fire for a few hours.

Velvet: H-hours...

Jack: Yup, then if any survive, wait in trenches until we see em, and rain fire.

Yatsu: T-then what?

Jack: Well, if we see no more of them approach most likely try and counterattack clearing the area fully.

Coco: W-well at least you guys are prepared.

Jack: Yeah.

Jack gave no thought that they knew what trenches were, but he just carried on.

Jack: Well, I'm gettin hungry, any food place round here?

Coco: Oh yeah, there's a restaurant a block away from here.

Jack: Let's head there then yea? Hyland!

Dave: Yeah Cap'n?

Jack: I'm heading out with the kids! If anyone asks, just say I'm at a restaurant a block away.

Dave: Got it!

Jack then clapped his hands, standing up, disappointing Velvet a bit.

Jack: Alright mates, lead the way.

Coco: Alright.

Beacon Academy, Ozpin's office.

Ozpin: So, let me get this straight, you want your militaries to occupy the area of a portal?

Elias: That is correct.

Glynda: And how much land do you want to occupy?

Sieg: An acre of land.

Ozpin gave this some thought, on the negative side, they would be owning a portion of the Emerald Forest with an active military presence. On the plus side, if any student will be in trouble in initiation, they can get help, these people can help against Salem, and it could bring my diversity and such to Vale.

Ozpin: Hm, I agree.

Elias: Wonderful.

Ozpin: On some conditions.