Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'

[And onto Chapter 3 we go. Finally, we're at U.A. I always like to think this is where the story really gets good for a lot of MHA books, and I hope it can continue here with this one. Overall, people seem to enjoy the first two chapters, which is great. I also want to clarify that just because the reader is a colder individual, doesn't mean he won't have funny moments or humour involved in. People can have really crap lives and still be able to have fun here and there. Just thought I should clarify that. Anyway, on with the chapter...]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

The day had finally arrived. It was one I started to think would never come by. When I was younger, this was all I could think about. But this was the furthest thing from my mind after everything that happened. But now, as I stand before that golden crest of U.A. Academy, I can't help but get a surreal feeling from it all. Just remembering all the times Izuku would talk about going to this very school was a thing I'd often fall asleep to. Not out of boredom, but mainly I couldn't keep up with the energy of my little brother.

(Y/n): [Sighs] "I wish you could be here for this."

"What are you talking about? I am here?!"

(Y/n): "Huh?"

My mind was the first thing to spark to life upon hearing those words suddenly fill the air. And as it did, the rest of my consciousness was brought back to the world around me as dozens upon dozens upon dozens of fellow people around my age walked through the gates of this heroic school. Honestly, it wasn't very surprising seeing that U.A. was the most popular school for future heroes.

So seeing so many people wasn't hard to believe. What also wasn't a surprise was the cause for the earlier words. Out of nowhere a long, muscular arm launched around my neck before pulling me close to their body. A quick glance to the left and my eyes landed on the ever-energetic grin that spawn across Bakugo's face.

Bakugo: "Come on, (Y/n)! Don't tell me you're getting emotional on me now?"

(Y/n): "Do I look emotional?"

Of course, I didn't look at the part. I had spent a lot of time stuck in a rabbit hole in my earlier years and I don't really let my emotions come out too much. But when they do, whoever they're directed toward, should probably look out. As for Bakugo, he just narrowed his eyes toward me before bursting out with that familiar cackle he always gave off.

Bakugo: "Oh, who am I kidding, man? You're as emotional as my Mom gets whenever she sees Dad crying."

(Y/n): "Oh, that's right. You're Mom's more of the man in the relationship, huh? I forgot..."

With a hidden grin finding its way to my lips I finally decide to take my first steps through U.A.'s front gates, whilst Bakugo is left to take in my words momentarily. A few seconds passed by as I placed on a pair of headphones and shoved my hands into my pockets, just hoping this can be over and done with already. Though, despite the music playing, I was still able to hear the sudden cry from Bakugo when he finally figured out what I was referring to. Again, I could only chuckle.

Before long, Bakugo was back at my side yelling out about my claims, but I didn't really pay much attention to it. After all, we've had this little conversation before about how his Mother seemed far more manly than his father. Besides, it was common knowledge back in Junior High that Bakugo got his unrelenting rage from his Mother. Who was, let's just say, not overly pleasant when parent-teacher interviews were going on? But it was as Bakugo's voice faded into the background that my own thoughts trailed elsewhere.

More precisely, to earlier this very day, when I stood on that very beach with AllMight, after Ten Months of training had finally reached its end.

[3rd Person POV]