Ch 18: 'Degenerate'

[Just wanted to apologise for the wait. I really struggled getting this chapter together, but I didn't want to just rush and put everything together without it being perfect for you guys. So I hope this one makes up for it...Please enjoy!...BECAUSE IT'S THE START OF READER VS KAITO TIME!!!]

[Man, talk about a week! Yandere Makima surpasses 50k reads, Love is War nears it's finale even more, Jujutsu Kaisen had a BANGER DEBUT WITH OVER 300 VOTES IN 24HRS...FOR BOTH CHAPTERS! And now we're gonna end the week on an absolute bomb of a chapter with ANTI-HERO! And in this chapter, we reach the moment we've all been waiting for...The fight with Itijam 'Aint no rival' Kaito. So if you hate Kaito, be sure to press that vote button and comment how he should be embarrassed next! Because this time around, there will be pain! There will be laughs! There will be power-ups! But most importantly...There will be Bakugo trying to get the reader with a girl. And we all love that! So, let's not waste anymore time and get straight into it!!!]

[Also, massive thank you! Last chapter was the best received (votes wise) since the original chapter. You guys are awesome, here's hoping you like this one even more! I mean...It does have Kaito getting his shit handed to him.]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

-Degenerate-

--A term used to describe having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline--

--An immoral or corrupt person--

It was a word I wasn't familiar with at one point in my life. I had never been called it beforehand, so I didn't even know if it was bad or not. But the fact it was something the kids around me called me whenever they saw me, along with some much less friendly versions of it, I realized it wasn't a good thing. The first time I was called this word was eleven years ago when I finally returned to my junior high after getting suspended for shoving Kaito with my Quirk. It was the time people first saw me as a monster, but it was also the day I lost my final surge of hope in life.  In a way, I feel like that was the day that the person I am today truly came into existence, and the old me was locked away behind a door for good. 

But on that day, it wasn't Kaito or any of his friends who hurt me the most. It wasn't even the betrayal from the other students and teachers that affected me the most. Instead, that role fell onto the one person besides Bakugo, who I thought saw me as something other than a monster... Sazama Akiko. She was the prettiest girl in my class at Junior High, and it was fair to say she was the only real crush I had in life. There was just something about her. The way she smiled at everyone, treated those outside of her friend group, and the way she managed to light a spark of happiness inside of me when I truly shouldn't have been happy. 

Even Bakugo noticed such, and, now that I think back on it, I feel like maybe this was the moment in life that Bakugo started thinking if I got a girlfriend that I'd be able to forgive myself of past sins and move on in life. If that was right, then I made a grave mistake by telling him I had a crush on her, because in modern day, that was Bakugo's whole life. Though...Being honest. I sometimes wondered what would have happened if things that day were different. That instead of turning away from me after I pushed Kaito, that Akiko would have believed the words I had said. That she would have come to my aid when I felt my soul lift from my body. I still remember it vividly. 

The narrowed gazes of the students and teachers around me. I felt like I was engulfed in a world of shadows. their dark gazes from everyone around me, judging me, seeing me as nothing but a monster when I was at my most terrified. I couldn't move. I could speak. I was so scared. Why didn't they just believe me? I never did anything to them. To make them not believe me. So why did they believe Kaito over me? I only pushed him after what he said about Izuku, a-and how it was all my fight. I was frightened. I just wanted to be with Akiko and he just wouldn't leave us alone. He wouldn't stop. I asked him to stop and he wouldn't quit! HE JUST WOULDN'T QUIT!