CHAPTER ONE: ALWAYS ALONE.

Harry was tired of being ignored and treated like like mud on the bottom of their shoes in his own home by his own parents. For years he knew that his parents favoured his twin brother more than him. Why wouldn't they?

Harry was not his full name. In fact, he quite loved his full name better than his nick name. He thought of it as mature. Hadrian Jamison Potter. Everyone always refers to him as Harry James Potter. What a basic name. Harry hated it. Growing up ignored, it left Hadrian with one thing that he could only do. Read. Sometimes, when he knew that his family were asleep he would sneak into the Potter library and take as many books as his small hands could carry. He'd hide them under his bed.

He was glad that he didn't look like his younger twin brother. Hadrian was quite like his father with uncontrollable black hair, killing curse coloured eyes and round shaped glasses that looked too big for his frame of face. Harry had always been small in size. Elliot Leonardo Potter, his twin brother, was very much like their mother. He had ginger hair so red that anyone could mistake him for a Weasley, dark hazel eyes, a ton of freckles along his nose and a lined scar on the side of his cheek where the curse rebounded.

Hadrian learned many things from reading. He was up and talking before the age of a year old. Ever since three years old he had read every single book in the library. It took him a couple of years to read them, but he did it. Potions was his favourite subject.

Lily and James Potter never celebrated Harry's birthday. Only ever Elliot's. By the time that he was ten years old they, like most birthdays, just sent him up to his bedroom. In the attic. He hated it. There was a horrible smell in there, which was only spelled to stay in his room, it nearly made him faint. There was extremely blazed wallpaper. The charred wood was terribly destroyed as the long years past. He could hear an eerie sound of a broken radio, which was perfectly hidden in the corner, deafening his ears.

An uneasy feeling ran through Hadrian's veins as he lay upon the uncomfortable duvet. The deadly silence from when the radio stopped playing pierced Harry's ears. Walking over to the victorian windows was a struggle. Rays of light beamed through the leaf shaped windows, creating patterns in the deadly air. The moon was as bright as a flaming touch. The stars shone brightly in the velvet sky, which created a shadow upon the marshes. The biter cold embraced Harry's pale face and caused his ghostly breath to float within the air.

Suddenly, Hadrian's thoughts came to an abrupt pause as loud voices rang throughout the house and shortly followed by thundering footsteps coming towards the door. Hadrian allowed his stomach to do a quick flip. A distant thud echoed as someone opened the trap door leading to Harry's room. Someone was coming.

Harry's tongue to the roof of his mouth as he relieved the figure advancing towards him. It was dark. Unable to see a thing.

Dust covered every single ornament as blasting footsteps came to a halt in front of Harry. As quick as lightning, Hadrian's mind raced. The window! He prepared to make a run for it. It was his only escape.

Pain. Pain crippled through his leg. Harry tried to shuffle his way to the window, but it was excruciating. As his senses kicked back in, he felt agony ripples shooting up and down his body. Shakily, Harry took a chance by peering down at his hands and whimpered. His hands were covered in cold, congealed blood.

With force he looked back up towards the man of action. The man's pose practically shouted power, his broad shoulders held high and his he loomed ominously into Hadrian's face.

"Well...Well...What do we have here?" The stranger droned sounding confident.

"W...Who...Are Y....You?" Harry cried a reply and got no response in return.

"I...I'm talking to Y...You!"Hadrian tried again but this time by raising his arms in anger, trying to get any reaction he could out oh this strange man in front of him. Instantly the man's arm swung swiftly, like steal, it impacted on Harry's. Fear bulged Hadrian's eyeballs, the mysterious man grasped both of Hadrian's hands and heaved him up, with his feet dangled in the air.

Harry felt a slight tug that shot through his brain like a cannon. It didn't feel good. In fact, to Harry he wanted to through up. The man dropped him like a sack to the floor. Hadrian winced as a light ache cracked across his stomach. And then he was gone. As quick as Harry could blink.

Taking a glance back up, Harry gasped at what he saw. To him, he had only read about it. Did he do do something wrong? Why was he here? Rapidly, Harry ran forwards and curled his hands around cold metal bars. He held on feeling ashamed. A startled choke escaped his lips as he heard pants and gaps from behind him.

Steadily, Harry turned his head slightly and gaped. He wasn't the only one here. Currently, from what he could count. there were three other people with him and a rather large shabby black dog. Something about the dog felt so familiar to Harry. Like he knew him from somewhere. Like he felt safe for some strange reason, and Hadrian never felt safe.

The first person that he counted looked to him like a women. She had shaily hair, a gaunt, skull like face with clothes that looked like they were a couple of years old. The other two that he counted definitely looked like brothers. They both had dark brown hair that stopped at their ears and one had hazel eyes and the other had dark blue eyes. The women carried a sympathetic look and the two man just looked shocked at the fact that a young boy like Hadrian just got dumped in the thin walls of Azkaban.

Almost on instinct, Harry took a step closer towards the shabby dog. He knew him somewhere. He just couldn't think where. The dog felt like his dad's energy did. But why? Letting go of the bars hesitantly, he grabbed the wall for support as he felt slightly dizzy.

Uncle Padfoot. That's what Harry liked to call him in his mind. He couldn't talk yet but for a one year old he was pretty smart. His Uncle Padfoot and Uncle Moony told him so. Paddy was the first word that he was able to say without hesitation. Maybe that's why his parents hated him.

His Padoot had brought him a toy broom for Hadrian's first birthday. He loved it. Padfoot had helped his ride it and had caught him before he had hit the wall.

After the accident he hadn't ever seem his favourite person again. Harry missed him like crazy. Not a moment went past since he didn't think about his Uncle and when he asked James, who he always called, backhanded him for apparently 'being to nosy'.

Harry panted from tiredness as he came out of the memory with happiness and anger.

"Uncle Paddy? Harry managed to squeak out with nerves as he felt shocked looks upon the back of his head.

Hadrian gaped as he knew his Uncle was a dog and transformed into an older looking version of what he remembered of him. Padfoot has overgrown brown hair that stuck together in clumps of knotted hair, grey eyes that looks like the stars had gone out and ripped rags. His Uncle really did look horrible. Even so, Harry's smile was so wide that it began to hurt his cheeks. He hadn't smiled so much in all his life.

"Pup?....What are you doing here?...." Padfoot's hoarse voice rang throughout the cell giving everyone shivers up and down their spines but Harry didn't care. Like a lightning bolt, he ran as fast as he could over to his Uncle's awaiting arms and that's when he knew that even though he had no idea what he did wrong, he was safe as long as his Uncle was right beside him.