CHAPTER FOUR: POWER.

Hadrian jolted awake as he felt a cold sensation run down his body like a rocket. His body felt different. Not pain, for once. Stronger. He loved it. Hadrian tried to ignore the throbbing headache that he'd just recieved. Was that dream even real at all? Or was it all in his head?....After all he is just an eleven year old boy. The way the man's eyes sparkled mysteriously, Hadrian just couldn't get him out of his mind. It was like an addiction, a sensation, that he couldn't let go of even if he wanted too.

He tried to think back to when he was at Hogwarts. Hadrian tried to act dumb in most classes so his parents wouldn't find out that he'd smarter than his twin. Looking back t it now, he wished that he could've just been honest. He would've loved seeing a shocked look on Snape's face when he answered all of his questions right. They were so easy. Was he trying to make it hard for him? 

"Pathetic Potter..." He thinks to himself. He loves starting his favourite sarcastic game in his head where he thinks of questions and answers them to himself. "What would Granger do?..."

"Oh Harry, If you would only listen to Professor Dumbledore, you would then realise that your family loves you. They simply don't know how to show it. Just be patient and behave yourself. This makes me think of the other day when you snapped at me for finding out about your.....dark...ability and wanting to help you supress it. I think i found it in a book somewhere. 'Hogwarts a history'....." Hermione Granger's voice rung through his head almost straight away.

Hadrian grimaced, he almost doesn't give a flying fuck what 'Hogwarts a history' says right now. not when he's stuck here. In the dark. He wonders how Hermione never noticed that he's actually pretending to be dumb. Is she not the 'smartest muggle-born witch'? In fact, Hadrian's read that book three times and even quoted a line or two in his homework. 

Thinking about his 'friends' didn't lighten up his current mood. After a few days of living in this hell hole, his rage was building, just by thinking about them - no fucking sign of life. 

After wallowing in his self misery, Hadrian tried to sit up. This proves to be difficult. His lungs were screaming and his ribs were painful to the touch. That Auror didn't just use his fist, but he also used his wand to do a number on him. He didn't think anything was broken, but he wasn't a healer. 

'Just baby steps, Hadrian. Just sit up. just wriggle up. Inch by inch. That's it'

Sitting up, he assessed his injuries. His legs were strained, babymakers....check. Still functioning, not swollen, blue, or god forbid, absent. Hadrian focussed on making a mirror appear and when it did, he looked at himself for what seemed like hours. The damage was more...noticeable. Blue, green and yellow bruises were scattered on his upper body. His arms were bruised and swollen. Breathing hurts. Yep, enough said.  He made the mirror disappear with sadness.

Hadrian heard a heavy door open and slam shut in the distance. A few footsteps approached quickly. A soft knock came upon their door. 

"You have your first letter Potter. And there's also a parcel. We unfortunately had to open the parcel and checked it for contraband....We found nothing. Our sincere apologies, it took us a few hours to have the parcel tested for anything. It's a blanket. A thin one, but it's lovely."

With those words, the Auror pushed the parcel with the letter on top of it it, through the opening under the caged door. 

"Thank you...Any news from the magic community?..." Hadrian asked, his voice a little scratchy. He watched as the Auror looked taken aback by the question.

"No it's quiet....The minister of magic has appointed someone from the ministry to keep an eye on things in Hogwarts. Dumbledore is not highly regarded these days the news came out of your arrival. I'll sneak a newspaper through soon so that way you will be able to see for yourselves."