F O U R

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

C H A P T E R F O U R

D A Y F O U R

I need to pee.

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up today.

As I turned to my side, expecting the warmth of Zack's presence, an empty space greeted my gaze, mingling surprise with fleeting disappointment

Look who finally woke up early.

I giggled at the thought, quickly pulled the blankets off me and ran to the washroom, once my business was done and I saw my phone beep.

Oh god, The business mails never seem to end. They keep growing in number like rabbits having kids who then go on to, constantly demand for my attention and sap my energy.

I really need to focus on my most recent projects.

After what felt like an eternity of typing away, crafting meticulous responses and sorting through a plethora of requests and inquiries , I finally finished responding to all my emails.

With a renewed sense of purpose, I reached for my phone and dialed the familiar number of my trusty secretary, Maya. As her voice echoed through the receiver, my heart warmed up. Maya was like family at work to me.

What's on the agenda today, Mrs. William?how are you feeling?" Maya's voice danced with curiosity.

I couldn't help but grin, knowing that Maya's unwavering support and lightheartedness were always a welcome despite of how hectic my schedule became from the demanding nature of my work.

"Just peachy," I replied, unable to suppress a brief burst of laughter that escaped me. It was a rare moment of lightness, a fleeting reminder of the joy that could be found amidst the chaos of daily life.

"Aren't you the coolest" Maya asked as I hummed playfully.

"And do you remember, oh magnificent multitasker, that you still have the arduous task of scrutinizing the contract and reviewing the latest plans for the 'Le Zion' resort?" Maya's words were laced with a mixture of playfulness and a hint of mischief. She knew all too well the magnitude of the work that lay ahead of me, and yet, she approached it with a lightness that was infectious.

The contract and plans for the 'Le Zion' resort had been waiting patiently for my attention, growing more impatient with each passing day. It was a task that required dedication and attention to detail.

"You know what, Maya," I declared, determination ringing in my voice as I continued our playful banter, "I'll take on this Herculean task today itself. I'll immerse myself in the intricacies of the contract and dive headfirst into the realm of plans and blueprints. By day's end, I shall emerge triumphant."

I finally set the phone down after a few more updates on the other current projects and went looking for Zack across the house, to see where he was and to my delight, in the balcony he was lost in his own world.

Good morning," I said, unable to resist playfully teasing him. I air-quoted his name, emphasizing the title "Mr. Zach William" with a lighthearted grin. It was a small gesture, but one that elicited a chuckle from deep within my husband. "Has the sun risen for the west or are you really awake this early in the morning?" I asked.

"I think I just got up early?" Zack said as he slowly smiled up at me. His smile slowly stretched across his face as he removed his glasses, revealing eyes that were captivating and enchanting. In that moment, my heart fluttered, and my legs turned to jello. Oh, how this man had an effect on me.