T W E L V E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

A F T E R T W O   M O N T H S

"Your body seems to be healing well now, I'm glad the infection is not going to cause any more problems." Dr Nina said, said looking down at my report with a smile.

"Sepsis especially after abortion can be dangerous, but now that your body has healed completely, I'm going to start lowering the quantity of medicines that you take. However, this also means that you'll have to pay even better attention to your diet." She continued as I nodded.

"Thank you, Dr. Nina. I really appreciate your help" I replied, feeling relived.

Finally, no more medicines.

As the appointment came to an end, I gathered my things and prepared to leave the hospital.

My mind buzzed with thoughts of getting back to work and everything on my to do list for the day.

Yes, stay busy.

As I stepped out of the Dr Nina's cabin, the hospital's hustle and bustle surrounded me, making it feel like a different world altogether.

Nurses and doctors were rushing from one place to another. Patients waited outside their doctor's cabins.

However, as I came out of the building my attention was diverted as I noticed the other building which was the kids' medical center at the other end of the hospital.

A huge ballon made half moon structure decorated the building with the sign reading "Scar's Angel." Colourful posters surrounded the area as a few kids with their parents loitered around the hospital garden.

A lump formed in my throat.

First he buys a god damn hospital, then he names the kids centre for treatment after me?

I couldn't help but stop and stare as a boy of around 4 to 5 years old, walked out of the center with his mom and nurses. They were all around him, and the little one excitedly rang the bell to celebrate being cancer-free.

His mom smiled before falling on her knees and breaking down, pulling her baby into her arms and laying numerous kisses on her kids face.

The sight of it triggered a wave of emotions. Tears welled up in my eyes as I recalled the happiness and pain entwined in that gesture.

I hope they live happily forever.

Hope no one ever looses their kid.

Brushing away a tear, I took a deep breath and decided to continue my day. Work awaited, and life demanded my attention.

Everything needed my attention other than the 4pm meeting.

I had actively been trying to skip the 4pm regular meeting which had been scheduled for all investors and teams to update each other on their work related to the Starvos project.

Most days, I had no excuse but 2 out of 5 times, I came up with good enough excuses. Not that the meetings were any problem, but the people in the meeting were and so was the person who had weirdly decided to take a liking for texting after I-don't-know-may-years-of-hating-the-idea-of-texting.

Reaching my workplace, I entered with a sense of relief, things were getting into place when it came to my professional life.

Darya smiled as she walked into my cabin and handed me all the relevant files for the day.