EIGHT (II)

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

C H A P T E R E I G H T

D A Y E I G H T

Zach's eyes gracefully moved around the hall, spanning its entirety, and with attention, he came down the staircase, Jason at his side, each step a deliberate movement forward.

My eyes maintained a fixed connection with an unspoken connection, until an unfamiliar hand subtly wrapped around his arm, continuing its journey to his chest.

My attention shifted to the woman who halted him on the steps, I observed her with curiosity as she smiled and tilted her face with evident interest.

Undisturbed by the subtle interruption, Jason nonchalantly shrugged off the moment, making his way down, joining me and Lily at the bar in a seamless stride.

The woman beside Zack whispered something in his ear, holding him in a momentary pause until our eyes reconnected, and he offered a smirk.

While I couldn't hear what the woman next to Zack was saying to him, it irritated me to see her walk down the stairs with him and not leave him.

Get your hands away from him.

I straightened my posture and walked towards Zach at the same time as he approached me.

My eyes blazed with fire, he shouldn't have misled me into thinking he was entirely mine last time if he wasn't prepared for my reaction

The moment Zach came and stood in front of me, my eyes zeroed in on the woman next to him who in return eyed me up and down.

I  arched an eyebrow, proudly displaying my wedding ring on my left hand as a silent proclamation.

The women smirked, "I don't car-"

Swiftly cutting her off, I asserted, "I've started caring, and believe me, if I continue, your pretty face won't be as recognizable as it is now. Now, shoo."

She looked at me, taken aback, and then, with a stomp of her feet, retreated, putting some distance between herself and Zach only to eventually walk away.

My attention shifted back to Zack as he handed over his glass of whiskey.

Without a second thought, I accepted the drink from him and downed it in one go.

"It works both ways, Mrs. Charlotte Williams," Zach remarked, taking the now empty glass back from me.

I took a deep breath, trying to level my thoughts and nodded.

I got it.

He was right.

My eyes went back to notice Jason talking to some staff, his eyes briefly flickered behind me, likely toward Lily, before returning to focus on Zach and me and walking up to us.

"All good?" Jason inquired. I mustered a small smile and tugged Lily's hand, prompting her to join us.

"Can we grab something to eat?" Lily chimed in, redirecting everyone's attention.

Jason gestured towards the VIP section, and we silently headed up the stairs. Lily settled beside Jason, while Zack and I took seats opposite them.

An unexpected shiver danced up my legs as Zack's hand subtly encircled my lower waist, absentmindedly tracing circles on my thigh. Turning to him, I found his attention fully engrossed in a conversation with Jason about fluctuating market stocks.