Chapter 49 | goodbyes and comebacks

Y/n pov

It has been..4 weeks.. still nothing..I'm losing my own mind getting new voices everyday as they all clash in my head fighting each other or something they all just ambush me with hurtful words.

"Are you ready?" Hailee asked behind me as i held Scarlett's hand..

"Can i say my goodbyes? In.. private" i mumbled as she actually nodded leaving the room.

I breathe out actually smiling at her kissing her hand softly "you're the best thing that ever happened in my life...we're ok.. then it's gonna get bad.. we're gonna make up.. then another  down..tho it's rough... It was the best ride of my life" i sigh swallowing thickly not wanting to leave her crying

" The doctors say..you still have 2 hours... I-im sorry but I can't witness that..you know me, I won't be able to handle that...but i just want y-you to know...i-im still full of hope...i know you'll make it, you're my strongest avenger" i chuckled actually feeling tears running down my cheeks ones again

I went up on my seat kissing her forehead letting myself sob " i-i love you.. i never stopped.. not even for a millisecond..i love you so.. so much..the most actually" i sniffed giggling getting off of her caressing her cheeks for the last time.

" Look for me...ok? "

As i walked outside hailee was already waiting and we just left the hospital without any sign of Scarlett waking up..

We quickly went to the airport going for my private jet flying directly to New York while i spent the whole ride sobbing at my room not letting anyone in.

I refuse to the hospital to tell me an update about Scarlett...i know I'd totally lose it..i.. I can't hear those words.

___________

Scarlett pov
"Y-Y/n?" I slowly opened my eyes seeing I'm in a hospital bed..my head wrapped around while massive machines are all over me.

"H-Hello a-anybody there?" I sat down while a couple of nurses ran inside and suddenly goes outside again just to bring more doctors

They started checking my eyes and stuff while i lay down remembering what had happened...i was just on my way to go home and pick up y/n for our date.. since i wanted to ask her out officially but.. suddenly i got blocked by a massive truck

"How do you feel?" The doctors asks

"W-Wheres y/n? i-is she ok?" I worriedly asked as they looked at each other awkwardly

One thing I've noticed tho was the floor was covered with flowers... Some looked old but there are fresh ones...

I felt something in my finger..i gently lift it seeing a ring. " Y/n... WHERE IS SHE??? " I huffed trying to remove all these but they quickly stopped me

"Calm down ma'am...you were in a coma for 4 weeks. Miss y/n already left the country..1 and a half hour and your life support was gonna get shut downed" he calmly stated

All I'm thinking now is why would y/n leave me??? i was just about to die an hour ago?? I was on a coma for 4 weeks?? Why do i have a ring? What the fuck??

"Well.. TELL HER I'M OK" i huffed

"She doesn't... Wanna be updated on your situation.." they suddenly says making me drop my body.. devastated

I ended up just zoning out as they start more examining my situation.. im staring at the flowers counting them.. there were 28 bouquets.. one for every day.. i guess.. but that also means she was here earlier.

I'm just genuinely worried..what could have possibly happen in 4 weeks..with all those stress adding up to her.. i hope she's ok..

---

I spent 3 more days at the hospital getting better before i could actually go home. I went straight to y/n's house getting my stuffs.. not being aware that tears are already dropping from my eyes nonstop likea waterfall.

"Miss scarlett?" Someone knocked.

I looked back seeing pearl as she glared at me with pity on her eyes. "Uhm.. yeah i was j-just uh.. packing" i acted strong wiping my nose.

She stayed looking at me with the same expression before spreading her arms out signalling me for a hug.. i quickly ran to her as she wrapped me around her arms rubbing my back in a very soothing way

"How are you?" She mumbled

"Much better now..in terms of physical state thank you" i nodded but she could easily read that I'm shattered.

"She waited... don't think that you're nothing to her, ok?" She sighs

"I-I know...i.. i just don't know where to start now.." i forced a smile getting off of her wiping my tears

" Hmm.. i know where" she suddenly says Leading the way and suddenly we're on the rooftop.

It was full of arranged dead roses.. with a sign that says 'will you be mine again.. officially'.

" She planned all these the day of your accident.. since then no one could talk to her.. she's always zoned out and crying.. screaming your name on top of her lungs as she sobs the night away" she looked down..

" i.. was gonna ask her out.. on that day too.." i pulled out the ring in my pocket

" How.. hurtful the universe works? " She shook her head looking around

"was she ok when she left?"

"definitely not..hailee can't calm her down..she kept on saying she only wants you and drove us away in those 4 weeks... Suddenly i saw a teenager y/n not talking to any of us when she first hired us.. she was distant and only wanted her mom. "

"for me the history repeated itself..just this time.. her screams were much louder and filled with more pain" she added still in the same expression.

Y/n handled everything so well. I've seen the messages on my phone about her talking to my ex-husbands for the kids..she even texted rose and pretended she was me because rosie sounded so worried about those texts.

I tried calling her a while ago but her number was already out of reach. I don't know if i should talk to her again this fast or let her heal first.. i just feel like I'm the cause of delay. Everytime i go back to her life she ends up getting relapses.

"The shattered mirror on her medicine cabinet... Did she do that?" I mumbled

"Hm hmm.. thats the day miss hailee decied to get her back in newyork but she refuses.. she said she'll wait till you wake up in those 4 weeks.. whatever it takes."

"Then.. why did she left and didn't even want to receive any news about me?"

"You know the answer to that..you loved a permanently broken child. She's scared.." she suddenly forced a smile a eingle tear run down her cheek but she quickly wiped it away.

"Y-Y/n.. was a grand daughter to me. She's not affectionate..but you'll know how much that kid appreciates you. It pains us hearing her screaming and sobbing at night..but always greeting us goodmorning with the biggest smile." She added.

I pulled her on a hug just alsoo comforting her.. "Then you came..f-for the first time in years there were no night cries.. everything was so much lighter and happier but it only lasted for days and came back sticking her much harder."

"I'm really s-sorry" i sniffed hiding my face from the back

She gently pushed me off of her holding both my hands "listen to the old woman...follow her..A person who left with a smile will never comeback...she left crying.." she sincerely says looking directly at my eyes convincing me to do it.