20

carlos' pov

-

Walking out of the Ferrari motorhome, I heard Charles call out my name.

"Yeah?" I said turning around to face him.

"Can you do me a big favor?" He kept checking his watch.

I nodded my head.

"I'm supposed to pick up Giana from the airport because Arthur can't but I have to stay a little longer to finish signing some stuff. Can you please pick her up and take her to the hotel? I don't want to make her Uber and have a stranger pick her up."

"Sure no problem, just text me the airport location."

"Thank you" Charles sounded grateful as he texted me the location.

It didn't take me too long to reach the airport after I left the circuit. I decided to not tell Giana I was picking her up in order to surprise her. When I pulled up to the front of the airport, I found Giana sitting on top of a pink suitcase as she played on what looked like a Nintendo DSI.

Stepping out of the car, I called out to her. "Those things are ancient."

She looked up, startled. "Carlos." Giving me a gleaming smile she ran over to me. I opened my arms out to her as she gave me a tight hug.

"I was not expecting to see you today." She said breaking the hug.

"Miss me already?" I teased as I opened the trunk of the car to place her luggage in.

"I haven't seen you since Monaco of course I did."

Instantly I felt myself smile.

Finishing getting her suitcases in the car, I closed the door. "Come on, let's get you out of here."

As I drove, we were catching up on our gossip sessions. It was then that I had asked her a question to which I got no answer. Looking over at her, I realized she was giggling silently at something on her phone. There was happiness and content written all over her face.

Under the impression it was Arthur I called her out on it. "Who are you texting?"

Instantly, a blush crept up making her face look red in embarrassment. "Um, nobody."

"The boyfriend huh?" I chuckled.

She got redder instantly. "No, it's Lando."

"Oh." My laughing stopped instantly.

"It's nothing he's just being stupid." She tried to play it off.

"Mhm" I hummed out.

"What?!" She questioned defensively. "We're just friends."

"I didn't say you weren't." I replied, getting deja vu instantly. First I used this line on Lando and now Giana. The fact that I used it regarding each other made me want to laugh.

If only these fools knew how much I was rooting for both of them to end up together. Hell, more than half the world knew that they were destined for each other. Charles used to agree with me but ever since Arthur started dating Gi, he had to cheer for his brother. Still, even he knew that Lando and Giana are happening regardless.

The only ones that don't know they'll end up together is them.

After a few minutes of awkward silence Giana spoke up. "I need a Red Bull." In my peripheral vision I saw her reach forward for her bag.

"May the Red Bull gods Checo and Max bless me with a can in my bag." Giana mumbled as I could hear her rummaging through her bag. Grinning, she pulled out a Red Bull can. "They heard me."