26

73 Questions with Giana Cruz

The camera pans on a parking garage as a gray car pulled into one of the empty slots. Giana steps out of the car with some drinks and bags in her hand.  

"Did I make it for the 73 questions?" She asks a bit distressed.

Joe Sabia, who was behind the camera, spoke up. "You're right on time! I see it was a busy morning"

Giana nodded her head. "Lots of errands. I brought you a peach iced tea from one of my favorite shops." She handed Joe one of the cups.

"Wow, thank you! That is a beautiful car by the way"

"Thank you! Want to see my favorite part about it?"

"Sure!"

Giana gestured for him to follow her as she opened the door on the driver's side of the car. She then pointed to the section right next to the seat.

Underneath the plaque that read McLaren Senna, there were some words inscribed. Joe read the words out loud as he showed them to the camera for a quick moment. "Con amor, L.N."

"This was a beautiful gesture from Mr. Norris last year. He had it written in Spanish because it's my first language." Giana said as Joe stepped back, allowing her to close the door.

"If he ever does any more gestures, give him my number." Joe laughed.

"For sure. Let's head on up" She said with a grin, pointing to an elevator at the edge of the garage.

Giana then locked the car, stuffing her keys into her purse hanging off her shoulder.

"What is an essential you always carry in your bag?" Joe asked.

"My cherry chapstick." She rummaged in her bag before pulling out a small pink tube, showing it to him. "I probably have like a dozen of these because I always lose them."

It wasn't long before they were on the elevator as it ascended. Joe kept asking Giana questions. "Have you always known you would live in Monaco one day?"

"Not at all. I visited Charles every once in a while but I never actually thought I would move here. I was always traveling with my dad for his job so I never really thought there would be once place where I would settle. I've always lived in between places"

"So this was a complete surprise for you."

Giana nodded.

"Would you consider yourself a local of the area?"

"Not yet. We barely moved here this year so I don't think I have enough experience yet to consider myself one."

"This tea tastes amazing by the way"

"I'm glad! You should stop by the cafe some time. They have the best coffee in all of Monaco."

"Will do!"