27

lando's pov

-

The day before the Austrian Grand Prix, I felt like I was all over the place. So far this had been a terrible weekend. The car felt so wrong to drive.

Having been knocked out in Q3, I frustratedly made it to my room, managing a few weak smiles for some pictures on the way. I felt completely drained. To top it all off, Giana wasn't even here which was making this weekend so much worse. It wasn't even the good luck thing. No matter how bad a session went, just hearing her reassurances and being around her bubbly presence made me feel better immediately.

Walking inside my room, I was thrown off guard when I found Crystal sitting on the massage table. She stood up, walking over to me as soon as I opened the door.

"Lando babe!" She wrapped her arms around my neck as she leaned in for a kiss.

Dodging her kiss, I removed her arms from around me. "What are you doing here?"

"What? I can't visit my boyfriend?" She huffed out annoyed.

Recently, I had been spending less and less time with her. In reality I felt like we weren't even on the same page anymore. I used to want to spend time with her but now I was perfectly fine if she said that she couldn't make it to one of my races.

Honestly, she didn't even bother coming. She always had some excuse about work or something else.

Looking at her right now, made me rethink our entire relationship. We never had a heart-to-heart conversation. Honestly, I can't even recall how we even got to a relationship in the first place. We didn't see each other often and I just realized how I don't really even know her.

I don't know her middle name, or her favorite color, or what her favorite movie is. Before I processed the words, they had left my mouth. "We should break up."

Her eyes widened, looking at me in confusion. "What?!"

"I don't want to be in a relationship with you."

"What? Why?"

"You and me, it doesn't make sense. We don't know each other. We're just not connecting at all."

"Yes we do. Babe, I know you." She tried to grab my hand but I moved out of the way.

"Crystal, what's my favorite food?" I deadpanned.

She thought about it soon coming to the realization she had no clue. "I don't know but it doesn't matter, we can still get to know each other further"

Looking at her incredulously I shook my head. "Please stop. You know this is for the best"

"I bought a plane ticket to see you!"

"I can pay for your flight back. I just really think you should go. We're done."

"Is this over her?" She suddenly asked, with anger in her tone.

Confused, I furrowed my brows. "Who?"

"That little singer. Giana."

It irked me how she was referring to Gi. "This has nothing to do with her."

"You love her, that's why you're leaving me."

"No, that is not what is happening." I defended.

"You know she doesn't love you back. She's just stringing you along like she's doing with that other driver. Hell, who knows how many other there are. I don't understand how she has all of you wrapped around her finger, she's not even all that." She spat out.