Chapter 6: Platform 9¾

Nicole POV

Today is September 1, the day I get to go to Hogwarts. I have talked to Hermione this past week and our family both think it would be best if we all go together to the train station. It was 9am and I was ready. I was helping my dad pack up the car when I saw Hermione's family car coming up to our house. "Hey Nicole! Are you ready?" Hermione asked me. "Hell yea, just finishing packing up the car" I said as I put Jessie cage in the car. Soon, we were all at the 'King Cross Station'. It is now 10:30 am and the train leaves at 11am. Hermione was leading the way and told me that the teacher that explained everything to her, told her how to get there. 'We have ro run through what?' I thought as we were in front of a pillar between platform 9 and 10. Hermione went first (with her parents and disappeared into the wall. I looked around and it looked like no one saw what just happened. "Okay Robert, stand next to your sister and me and your mother will go on either side of you guys" dad said. When everyone was in place, we all ran through the wall, and didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful train that read; Hogwarts express. "Blight me mate, this is so cool!" Robert said. We walked up to the train and gave my cart to someone. "Nicole, make sure to write to us if something happens and please be safe" Mom said to me. "I know, I will also be with Hermione the whole time" I said. "Alright, you must be on your way dear, I love you" Dad said as he kissed my head. Me and Hermione got on the train and found an empty compartment.

"Nicole, have you tried any spells yet?" Hermione asked me. Well, not really but I can levitate stuff and create fire from my fingers" I said. "Oh please show!" Hermione asked me. There wasn't much in the compartment so I took off my necklace and started to levitate up into the air. "Wicketed!" Hermione said. I put on my necklace just as a boy walked in. "Umm, hello may I sit in here with you guys... there aren't any more compartments" The boy asked us. "Sure, I'm Hermione Granger" Hermione said. "I'm Nicole Rose" I said as the boy sat down. "I'm N-neville L-longbottom" Neville said. Me and Neville were talking while Hermione had her head in a book. "Hermione, I swear, your head is always in a book" I said. "She m-might be a Ravenclaw" Neville said. "What?" I asked. "H-hogwarts has f-four houses that you c-can be sorted i-into... T-there Hufflepuff; for the loyal a-at heart, R-ravenclaw; for the intelligence, S-s-slytherin; for those w-who are ambitious, and Gryffindor; for the b-brave" Neville said. "Hermione might get Ravenclaw then. She is one of the smartest people I know" I said. "Both my p-parents were in Gryffindor but I d-don't think I will cut out for that" Neville said. "I don't care what house I'm in, as long as I have someone with me" I said. Me and Hermione soon went to go and change into our uniform while Neville changed in the compartment. When we returned, Neville was changed but was looking around the compartment like he lost something. "Neville, you okay?" I asked. "N-no! I can't find Trevor, my toad!" Neville said. "Me and Nicole will search the other compartments while you stay here. We will be back as soon as possible" Hermione said and we walked out, looking for Trevor.

So far, everyone rather didn't see the toad or gave us dirty looks. We came to a compartment where two boys were sitting, eating a lot of sweets. The red head boy looked like he was going to do a spell but was interrupted by us. "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one" Hermione asked them. "No?" the red headed boy said. Hermione looked at the boy and saw he was going to do a spell. "Oh, are you doing magic? Lets see, then" Hermione said. "Sunshine, daisies... butter mellow... turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" The red head boy said and zapped the rat but nothing happened. "I don't think that's a real spell..." I said. "She right, thought I only tried a few simple ones myself, but they all worked for me" Hemione said and took a seat in front of a boy with round glasses. "For example... Oculus Reparo!" Hermione said and fixed his glasses. "That's better, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "Oh thanks... My dad was going to kill me if I broke another pair of glasses" The boy said. "Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter!" Hermione said. "Potter? That's the same name on my letter and Mr Ollivander did say I have a biological brother...' I thought. "I'm Hermione Granger" Hermione said. "I'm Nicole Rose" I said after Hermione. "And you are...?" Hermione asked the red head boy. "I'm Ron Weasley" Ron said. "Pleasure anyway, you guys better change into your robes. I expect we'll arrive soon" Hermione said as she stood up and started to walk out. "Oh and Ron, you have some dirt here..." Hermione said as she pointed to a spot on her nose. We walked back to our compartment without a toad. "Sorry Neville, we couldn't find him..." I said. "Its f-fine... at least you guys tried" Neville said.

Harry POV

Me and Ron were eating some sweets we got from the trolley. Ron said that Fred showed him a new spell to turn Scabbers yellow. "No way, you know he's just messing with you" I said. "Nah mate, let me show you" Ron said as he took out his wand. When Ron was about to do his spell, a bushy haired girl came in and looked around. "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one" the bushy hair girl asked us. There was also another girl behind her. "No?" Ron said. The bushy hair girl looked at Ron and saw he was going to do a spell. "Oh, are you doing magic? Lets see, then" the bushy hair said. "Sunshine, daisies... butter mellow... turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" Ron said and zapped Scabbers but nothing happened. "I don't think that's a real spell..." the girl behind the bushy hair said. "She right, thought I only tried a few simple ones myself, but they all worked for me" the bushy hair said and took a seat in front of me, followed by the other girl. "For example... Oculus Reparo!" the bushy hair said and fixed my glasses. "That's better, isn't it?" the bushy hair asked. "Oh thanks... My dad was going to kill me if I broke another pair of glasses" I said. "Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter!" the bushy hair said. "I'm Hermione Granger" the bushy hair introduces herself. "I'm Nicole Rose" the other girl said after Hermione. "And you are...?" Hermione asked Ron. "I'm Ron Weasley" Ron said. "Pleasure anyway, you guys better change into your robes. I expect we'll arrive soon" Hermione said as she stood up with Nicole and started to walk out. "Oh and Ron, you have some dirt here..." Hermione said as she pointed to a spot on her nose. Both girls left right after. 'Nicole Rose... Didn't dad say something about her? Mr Ollivander also brought up her name while getting my wand. Dad did say I have a sister but never told me more about her, could she be my sister? I have to talk to dad... I have to find out the truth' I thought.

Nicole POV

Soon it was night when the train came to a stop. As we got off the train, I could hear Hagrid calling over all the first years. "First years, this way please. First years!" Hagrid yelled. I saw Harry and Ron in front of us as we moved forward. We soon came to a lake with many bouts in it. "Four on a bout! Come on! Not five, four!" Hagird said. Hermione, Me, and Neville got into a bout and another guy joined us. Soon everyone was in a bout, they all started to move. The random boy that was with us was holding a pole with a lamp on top of it. We soon come to a castle! It was so pretty! "Wooo, I wish my brother could see this! He would love this!" I said. "I know! This is Hogwarts! We get to stay here!" Herminoe said. Neville didn't say anything but his face said it all. Soon, we landed on the shore. "Everyone off! Stay together and follow me!" Hagrid said. "Just go up those stairs and you will meet a teacher up there!" Hagrid said and pointed at an open door with stairs going up. We met up with Harry and Ron and walked up the stairs. We got up the stairs and met with an older woman. "Welcome to Hogwarts, now in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses" the woman said. She started to go over the house but I started to zone out because I already heard it from Neville. "Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year. The house with the most points is awarded the house cup" the woman explained. "Trevor!" Neville said as he went up to pick up his toad. Some kids around us started to giggle and laugh. "Sorry..." Neville said as he came back into the group.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily" the woman said and walked away. "So it's true then? What they're were saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" a (very) blond-haired kid said from behind us. Everyone around us started to whisper to each other. 'I still don't get what the big deal is with Harry' I thought. "This is Crab and Goyle and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy" the kid Draco said as he walked up to Harry. "Yea, I have heard of you Malfoy. My father told me about your family of snake's" Harry said. Ron tried to hold in a laugh but it slipped out and Draco looked right at him. "Think that's funny, do you? I don't need to ask for your name, red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley" Draco said. "Back up Malfoy, or you'll regret it!" Harry said. Just then the woman came back and looked at Harry and Malfoy. Malfoy went back to his friends while looking annoyed. "We're ready for you now, follow me" the woman said as we entered through the huge doors.

_______________________________________

Time to see what house you are in! (I'm sorry if the house I put Nicole in is not yours!) I hope you have a wonderful night/day/noon!

Word count- 1860