Chapter 8: First Day of Classes

Nicole POV

I woke up around 7 am to see that Jessie has a letter attached to her leg. I got up and got the letter off of her and read it...

Dear Nicole

I'm so glad you got there safe and sound! Me and your father are so proud of you! Your brother misses you very much by the way. Also, thanks for explaining what the houses mean! Gryffindor definitely fits you! I hope you write to us soon and have fun at school, don't get in trouble!

Love, Mom

'Aw, I miss you Robert and don't worry mom, I'll be safe' I thought and put the letter down on the bed. Sally and Alice were already awake so I started to get ready for breakfast. I was told by Sally that we would be getting our schedules there. I put all my books in a shoulder bag just as the others finished up.

 I put all my books in a shoulder bag just as the others finished up

(Can change if wanted to)

We walked down to the great hall where we spilt up. I met up with Ron, Hermione, and Harry (Time now 8:20, don't mind the huge time gap, girls take a while to get ready). "Ready for class today?" Hermione asked. "Nah, I don't like sitting down for long times" Ron said as he ate his breakfast. "What about you Harry, you've been quiet since yesterday during the sorting ceremony?" Hermione asked Harry. "Oh umm, just something on my mind but yea. My dad is teaching the flying classes this year" Harry said. "Oh really?" I asked. "Yeah, he said that he wants to keep an eye on me" Harry said. When Harry talked to me, he seemed more joyful? Maybe I'm overthinking it. Soon, Professor McGonagall (who Ron's brother told us she was the head of Gryffindor) gave out our schedules.

 Soon, Professor  McGonagall (who Ron's brother told us she was the head of Gryffindor) gave out our schedules

(Don't mind the name on it and the schedule might be off. This is just to give you an idea of what it would look like)

Me and Hermione went to class right after so we wouldn't be late (because the school is huge and they don't know where their classes are). We sat next to each other in our first class, Transfiguration. Others started to come in (we shared a class with the Slytherin). When the clock hits 9am, Professor McGonagall looks around the room to see if everyone is here. I look and see that Harry and Ron aren't here. 'Where are those boys?' I wondered. "Open your book and start working on the first page till the two students get here" Professor McGonagall says and turns into a cat! 'How can she do that? Will we learn that?' I wondered. As we worked , the doors opened and Ron and Harry entered. "We made it, could you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late" Ron says to Harry. Professor McGonagall jumps from her desk and turns back into a human in front of Ron and Harry. "That was bloody brilliant!! Ron said to Professor McGonagall. "Thank you for that assessment Mr Weasley. Perhaps you will be more useful if I transfigured you and Mr Potter into pocket watches, that way one of you may be on time?" Professor McGonagall told them. "We got lost..." Harry said. "Then perhaps a map? I trust that you don't need one to find your seats?" Professor McGonagall said as Harry and Ron took a seat. After Transfiguration, there were potions. As me and Hermione were talking about a potion that was on the first page of our book, the door swung open as Professor Snape walked in.