Chapter 9: Free day

Nicole POV

(it is Friday night and changing the timeline a little btw)

It was now dinner time and as I was eating (and doing homework I have gotten) I saw this kid; I think his name was like Seamus Finnigan, chanting a spell on his goblet of water. "What is he trying to do with that glass of water?" Harry asked Ron. "He's trying to turn it into rum, actually managed to make tea yesterday but-" Ron was cut off by an explosion going off. Everyone started to laugh at Finnigan; who had black smock all over him. "Oh look, mail here!" Ron said as many owls poured into the great hall. I saw Jessie fly in with a small package in her beak. She dropped it off in front of me and left (probably back to the dorm). I opened it and saw that it was some sweets, kinder Bueno (the ones that you can shear). They are a new sweet that was only released a year ago but they are my favorite! 'Must have been from Robert' I thought. "Hey Nicole, what did you get?" Ron asked me. "Oh, my brother sent me some of my favorite sweets; kinder Bueno!" I said. "Oh, is that muggle sweets? Can I try some!?" Ron asked me. "Sure, my brother sent a lot!" I said and handed him some. "I heard of those, I never tried it though..." Hermione said. "Come on, have some! You to Harry!" I said and Handed them some. They ate it and I saw Ron's eyes lit up. "Blimey, these are good!" Ron said. "Mhm, I know. I'll tell Robert to send more next time!" I said. "Robert?" Harry asked. "Oh, that's my brother's name haha..." I said. Harry picked up a newspaper that Ron's mother sent to him and started to read it. "Hey Ron, someone broke into Gringotts, listen; 'believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches, unknown. Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insists nothing was taken. The vault in question number 713, had in fact been emptied that very same day'" Harry read. "That's bollocks, how could someone even get in there? That's place is like the second safest place then Hogwarts" Ron said.

"I'm going to go and get ready for bed. Night y'all" I said and left the great hall, up to my dorm. When I entered, Alice and Sally weren't there. I went over to my chest (full of clothing) and grabbed my pajamas. I took off my shoes and left them there and went into the bathroom. I shut and locked the door before starting the shower. When I got in the hot water it felt nice going down my body and I let my mind start to wonder. 'I wonder why Harry has been acting strange lately? Ever since the sorting ceremony, he has been more... spaced out? Also when I talk to any other boy's, he goes all proactive mood on me. Does it have to do with the "Potter last name" thing, maybe but still weird. I should write to mom or dad to see if I can get any information on who the woman was that dropped me off as a baby' I thought as I cleaned myself. After the shower, I did a small skin care routine and brushed my teeth. I dry myself off and put on my pajamas. When I left the bathroom, the others were there. "Finally, you're done" Alice said. "You're the one speaking!" I said as we laughed about it as she went in the bathroom. I sat on my bed and wrote a quick letter to my family, thanking them for the candy and to ask if I could get any information about the woman that dropped me off at the adoption place. I tied it to Jessie's leg and she flew off. I put some food in her cage for when she gets back and I climb into bed. Maya came up and laid down next to me as I fell asleep.

James POV

I have been talking with Harry for the past week about Nicole. Ever since she came to Hogwarts, I couldn't take my eyes off her. My baby girl, the one that I was told to get rid of for 'her own good'. She had my coloring but her mothers face. Her sweet hazel eyes and her smooth black hair, I regret ever giving her up. I tried to talk to Dumbledore about her but he seems like he never wants to talk about it. Harry tells me small things he learns about her like; her favorite color (purple/lavender), her favorite animal (axolotl/cats), sweets (kinder bueno), and that she has a huge sweet tooth. 'Nicole I swear till the day I drop dead, I will make you my daughter again. Even if it means I have to do it by force' I thought. She is such a nice young lady and smart, she learned how to fly better than any other first year I have ever seen. 'It must be in the blood' I thought as I heard the door open. "Dad? Are you here?" Harry asked as he entered my room. "Ah Harry, what do you need?" I ask him. "Well, I got some information on Nicole" Harry said. "Ah, please tell" I said. "Well, her 'brother' is named Robert. Her 'mom' is a stay at home mom and her 'dad' has some office job" Harry said.

"How could she have ended up with that type of family? She could have a dad who is well respected like me and a strong mother like Lily" I said. "What should we do dad? I really want to have my sister who was given away unfairly!" Harry said. "Me to son, but we just have to wait! Try and talk to the Hermione girl, she seems close to her so maybe you can get more information off of her" I said. Me and Harry talked about quidditch and other things till Harry left before he was caught out of bed. As I got ready for bed, I just hoped that Harry and Nicole wouldn't get in trouble this year. Harry knows to attach attention so I hope it's not the same with Nicole. 'These really do show how little I know of my own daughter' I thought as I layed in bed. 'I will make our family whole again, Lily' I thought as I fell asleep.

Nicole POV

It's now been about a month since I have started to study at Hogwarts and it's amazing! I have learned so many new spells and potions! I have been writing to mom and dad about my stay and they have been telling me what's happening at home. Apparently, Alina and Leah have given my parents letters they have written to send to me because I never told them what school I was going to. It's been slow on though because they only come on Mondays and Thursday to give and receive the letters. Classes have been okay, I do think that they give us too much homework for an 11 year old. I have gotten closer to other Gryffindor like; Lee Jordan (who were in Fred & George year), Dean Thomas (who was another muggle-born in my year), and Padma Patil (who's Parvati twin sister and in Ravenclaw also in my year). I had my moments where I hung out with Fred, George, and Lee where we pulled a couple of pranks on some Slytherin. I also hung out with Alice and Sally in our dorm, talking about home life. Robert sent more candy over the weeks and both loved the sweets and always asked for more. 'Should I start a small business? I could sell "muggle" sweets and get some galleons' I thought as I readied a potions book. I could probably make a deal with Robert by treating wizarding sweets and muggle sweets. Fred and George always had some sweets so I could probably ask for one's (that are safe for muggles) and do something for them. I went down to the common room to talk to the twins about my little plan.

 I went down to the common room to talk to the twins about my little plan

(Can change if wanted to but no shoes or accessories on)

"Fred! George! I have a plan to get more galleons!" I said and ran up to them, "What's up Rose bud?" Fred asked. Oh yea, they call me 'Rose bud' because of my last name... not very creative but whatever. "So I realized that a lot of pure-blood like muggle sweets so I was thinking that if I can make a deal with my brother; and with your help, we can sell them! 5 galleon's per pieces" I said. "My god, that's brilliant! We can split, of course you the most for the idea! Me and George are planning on selling sweets in the future so this would be good practices" Fred said. "I will write a letter to Robert about this, though can you give me some chocolate frog to give him?" I asked. "Sure thing" George said and handed me two boxes. I went up stairs and wrote a letter to Robert and wrapped up the chocolate frog and gave it all to Jessie. She flow off and I layed down on the bed. 

_______________________________________

I didn't really know what to do with this chapter so don't mind the randomness of this. Also sorry for the late upload for this story, I kinda lost motivation for a while and was focused on my Owl House story (if you haven't read it, please do!). I hope you have a wonderful night/day/noon!

Word count- 1633