10*

author's note:
this chapter is straight up smut, indicated by the asterisk next to the chapter number. if you're a minor, do not interact with chapters such as this! if smut is not your cup of tea, I advise you to skip ahead to the next chapter. it's been a while since I've written like this— let alone over 8k words worth of this— so I really hope y'all enjoy not only the spiciness but the banter! your feedback is GREATLY appreciated, so vote, comment, all'at! okay, bye!

»»————-  ————-««

Getting into the backseat was always a bit awkward, the result being a plop against the leather rather than a graceful landing.

The couple giggled as they tossed themselves into the backseat like luggage. With Sage claiming one window seat and Darcy taking the other, they wasted no time meeting in the middle.

Their make out session had space now. Space to be as close as they wanted without a console between them. Space to be arms' length apart, although that was an option unneeded for the occasion.

What this called for, instead, was the elimination of distance altogether.

With palms on either side of his face, Darcy urged Sage to reciprocate her slow, tender kisses. Each smack of separation sent another chill up her spine, each soaring higher than the last.

She deepened their kiss, yearning for more of him. Her body hummed while her mind buzzed.

She feared consuming too much of him at one time. Physically and emotionally. Maybe she was taking on too much, moving too fast.

But the anticipation of a slow burn and the anxiety of wondering if he really wanted her, if he really liked her— that was not her speed. It was too different from what she was used to, and she'd rather burn through a relationship than to spend time building something that'd end in disaster anyway.

She hoped things were different with Sage, but there was no room for hoping and wishing right now. Not when there was a pit of fire burning within her and a man willing to put it out.

So, she threw out her dreams and her doubts and made the active choice to remain present. To let her passion run until it couldn't anymore. And she insisted that Sage do the same.

"Come here," he managed to get words out just as Darcy's tongue was greeting his.

Although she led the kiss, he led her body. With gentle hands and strong arms, he'd placed her on his lap. With legs stretching toward the door and arms now tied around his neck, Darcy relaxed against him.

His hand weighed against the hem of her skirt. Waves of adrenaline rippled from the padding of his fingertips and shot right to her center of impending pleasure.

The thought of his hand disappearing between her thighs was enough to have her whimpering into his mouth.

He chuckled, the corner of his lips curling and disrupting their kiss.

"What? What's funny?" Darcy panted softly.

"I ain't even did nothin' yet," he pecked her lips.

"You don't think I know that?" She craned her neck as his lips began trailing her jaw.

"You already moanin' and shit though. You must want it bad," he teased with another chuckle.

She scoffed with her own growing smile, "You laughin' at me?"

"Nah. I just—"

A tiny gasp escaped her as his latest kiss shot a dose of body-shaking excitement right to her core.