17*

author's note:
Just prefacing this by saying this author's note is longer than usual, but I'm just taking a precautionary tip from some of my fave writers on Tumblr, especially since this particular chapter is different from anything I've ever written or read on Wattpad— at least on THIS side of Wattpad. So in an effort to challenge myself to try new things and just have fun without everything having to be so poetic and poring over every single line, here we go:

This smut chapter may not be everyone's cup of tea; hence, my hesitation to put this one up, but you know what? I'm posting it anyway because I feel that the beginning and the ending are important to the enrichment of the story in bringing certain moments in previous chapters full circle while planting seeds for future chapters and giving a glimpse into our main characters' headspaces.

So, if you want to skip the extras, here's a quick summary:

Darcy and Sage consummate their official relationship status with a night of unmasked and fulfilled desires that leave Sage reconsidering leaving Mason at all.

With that being said, the following chapter is for MATURE audiences!

For the sake of being transparent wit' the folks that are staying to read this (and just lettin' y'all know what y'all are getting into and what's really the cause for this fat ass author's note lol), the following chapter includes:

the standard stuff (p in v & pet names like lover, daddy, baby), handjob/blowjob, dirty talk — degradation & praise kink for both Sage and Darcy, a *lil* bit of dom and sub vibes with them both switching, breeding kink, and uhhhh I think that covers it. lmk if I missed anything.

I know that this can seem like it's a bit much with everything listed out like that, but a lot of this probably isn't so different from the regular stuff on this site. There's just the addition of the degradation and praise kink (which y'all saw a little bit of in chapter 10) and switching of who's "in charge". Other than that, that's about it.

Alright, enjoy! And don't forget to vote and comment! ♥️

»»————  ————««

His room was organized chaos, much like hers, but there was a clear effort in tidying it all prior to their date. Vacuum marks had been printed in the carpet, and wires from his bass and its accompanying equipment had been neatly wrapped and tucked.

The walls were bare, but his personality was stuffed on a bookshelf and scattered in pictures and memorabilia. An obituary was stuck in the corner of a mirror. A series of flyers peeked and dodged between sandwiches of literature.

One stack of words was left on top of his songbook. It was authored by bell hooks.

Was he really reading that or did he just want to impress her?

That was Darcy's cue to explore. With fingertips dragging over his dark comforter— tiptoeing just a little over his precious guitar— perusing the corners of his book of songs— they settled on that bright red bell hooks book.

She thumbed through the pages, finding his writing etched throughout copious pounds of love-laden literature.

"I just started reading that—"

"Just started?" She noted how his ink stretched even through the author's acknowledgments.

He dropped the act, feeling a bit embarrassed. "A'ight... I just thought that... since you be readin' about love and shit... maybe I should too."

Darcy thought that was sweet, fighting off a smile as she skimmed a few more of his annotations.

Sage chewed the inside of his cheek for a few seconds.