the competition begins

"lia! mal?! malia paris ziegler!"

malia's head perked up at the volume coming from her younger sister maddie. malia was sat on the floor of her bedroom painting the lights from tangled with both earbuds in while the pussycat dolls played.

her door swung open and there stood maddie with a hand on her hip. "we have dance soon. what are you doing?" she asked.

malia looked down at the paint and canvas around her then back up at her sister. "making a pizza." she said sarcastically and the youngest sister's attention was turned to this as she walked passed.

"i want pizza- where the pizza?" mackenzie walked in with her ipad in hand and malia laughed.

"i'm getting ready right now. tell mom i'll eat lunch at the studio." the eldest said and the two sisters left the room leaving the door wide opened.

she closed the door swiftly with her leg and turned to the dance section in her closet. she picked out a blue sports bra and black lululemon shorts. she brushed her hair into a ponytail and quickly decided to braid it.

she had just gotten home from school not to long ago and attempted to squeeze in some painting time to calm her after her stressful day.

"come on malia we gotta go!" her mom melissa yelled from the bottom of the stairs. she quickly grabbed her phone a jacket and slipped on some uggs.

she shut her light off and grabbed her dance bag off her desk chair exited her room. she quickly slid into the front seat of her moms minivan and was off to the studio.

the abby lee dance company.

today would be very different then the usual at the studio. they were set to have a six episode documentary about life at the studio. malia didn't mind though, she assumed it wouldn't be much different.

oh boy was she wrong.

"hi girls." abby smiled to the four zieglers as they waltzed in with smiles.

"hi ab."

"hi miss abby." maddie and malia smiled.

"morning girls, let's get ready to work."

the three went right into the den and malia was already met with her best friend chloe. "lia!"

malia dropped her dance bag to hug the blonde back quickly. "chlo! i missed you!" they haven't seen each other in a whole week since malia was on a school camping trip last week.

"are you excited?" chloe asked as the two started stretching with the other girls.

"definitely. i'm so excited for the new season." malia responded putting her uggs away.