cathy brings it on

"pa hurry up i can't miss pyramid!" malia yelled to her dad as they drove the streets of los angeles

she wasn't with the girls in las vegas last weekend because she spent it with her dad in tahoe for his birthday. she learned how to snowboard which in her aldc contract she technically wasn't allowed to do but as her dad said, 'what happens in tahoe stays in tahoe'

she was in the front seat in his rental car while both her brothers sat in the back. they had gotten to los angeles that morning and malia needed to be at the studio in ten minutes.

"calm down mija theres traffic." diego told her calmly.

"why are you in such a rush? you don't even like the pyramid thing." ale asked her and she sighed.

"i already missed a whole week. i can't miss any more than i already have." she said as they finally approached the rental studio.

"wait so your moms with greg this week?" diego asked.

"yeah she is. maddie and kenz are staying with abby. they wanna come over again though, they keep asking."

"we can take them today and whenever they want. i'll tell your mom."

the car finally stopped and malia jumped out the car. andres handed malia her dance bag and she waved to her brothers and dad.

"hi guys." malia smiled, walking in the waiting room where all the girls are.

"malia!" maddie and mackenzie yelled, jumping up and hugging their big sister. "we missed you." maddie told her.

"i missed you guys too. oh and my dad asked if you wanted to come over while moms away." she informed them, big smiles forming on their faces

"really?" mackenzie asked and malia nodded as she hugged the rest of the girls.

"how was tahoe malia?" christi asked while malia was trapped in chloes arms.

"so fun!"

"did you snowboard like you dreamed about?" christi asked her in a hushed tone.

"i did and i'm a pro." malia said in the same tone making christi chuckle.

"let's go, come on, no time to waste." they heard abby yell after she blew a whistle.

"who gave her a whistle?" malia asked holly as they walked in. holly shrugged with a shake of her head.

"ladies, here we are in los angeles, california, for the hollywood national finals. and you are in the city of dreams. malia your back, ready to compete?"

"of course." the ten year old nodded.

"great because there are going to be children that you recognize. the kids that are in movies. the kids that are on television. these kids here in los angeles audition on a weekly basis. they are pros."