cheerleader blues

"maddie wheres your sister?"

maddie stopped packing her dance bag to turn and answer her mom. melissa had been calling malia who didn't answer back.

"her room?" maddie questioned. "she went right up when we got home."

"is she working on that art project?" melissa asked but maddie just shrugged. her sister had been quiet since they got on the bus. "alright. i gotta get kenzie ready can you go get her?"

maddie nodded and stood up, heading to her sisters room. when she opened malias door it was pitch black. lights were off and her curtain was closed. maddie walked further into the room to see her sister in her bed asleep with her blanket covering her up to her face.

maddie shook her lightly but malia didn't budge one bit. "malia? we gotta get to dance. lia?" maddie whispered, shaking her harder.

"one minute mads." she said, not opening her eyes.

"what's wrong?" maddie asked. she was usually getting herself and kenzie up and ready.

"nothing. what time is it?"

"um.." she tapped malias phone that sat on the charger and her phone lit up, a picture of her and her two best friends kelli and olivia showed on her lock screen.

"3:15

"3:15. you have your private with gia remember. then lyrical. why do i know your schedule missy."

malia chuckled lightly, moving her blanket down her face. "i don't feel like going."

"why?"

"i'm just to tired mads."

"is something wrong?"

"nope. just tired."

maddie turned her head as their mom walked in, she still hadn't seen her oldest yet and she was getting worried. "malia what are you doing? you have dance."

"she's tired mommy. we should let her rest." maddie said but melissa shook her head. abby wouldn't be happy if her best dancer missed any classes.

"no she has to go to dance. you have your private. maddie go get your bag and kenzie." melissa said and maddie nodded, kissing her sisters head as she left the room. "what's going on?" she asked, sitting on the edge of her bed, pushing the hair out of malias face.