Dr Sexy M. D. and Duck Bites

"...I wasn't aware of it to be possible that ducks could bite," Castiel held his hand to his chest. Though angels like himself were impervious to pain, it seemed the blue-eyed darling was more betrayed than inflicted with injury from his feathered friends turned fiends.

"I wasn't aware of that either," you pat his shoulder, feeling slightly concerned for him. "Do you need an ice pack or a bandaid -,"

Dean shrugged. "He's an angel, he'll be fine."

You wince, inspecting Castiel's hand. There was only a red mark now, fading quickly. Dean was right, but the way he put it wasn't sympathetic at all. "Just kiss is better," you tell him softly. "Run it under cold water and then join us. We're watching," you turn back to Dean, and inspect the screen.

"Dr Sexy M. D." Dean beams. You reach over to him, and kiss his brow. Your boyfriend, the hunter, the warrior trained for battle he's managed to avoid being a pawn in, is nothing more than a big softie. "The only good show ever."

"Glad I got you the box set?" You whisper to Dean. For most of your time together, that had been an empty promise. But not now. "You look it."

In this world, there are nerds. And then there's Dean - skilled in mechanics, enamoured by role play cosplay and TV dramas, and when given a blade, the best hunter on the block.

On screen, a patient named Mariana is being treated for a burn from holding a pot of boiling water. The actress shows no limit for her character's adoration for the doctor treating her wounds; Dr Sexy.

"Oh Doctor," she gasps on screen, putting her burnt hands on his chest. "Whatever would I do without you?"

Beside you, you feel Dean shift, moving toward the TV. He mouths alongside the doctor, who scoops her up and kisses her - "Mariana, you'll never have to know what that's like."

"What is so appealing of this cowboy boot-wearing human?" Castiel breaks the mood.

Dean doesn't seem to hear him, eyes not moving from the screen.

The angel moves toward you to sit, and with his hand bandaged, waits for your answer. "I think it's because he's very smooth, and professional at his job," you whisper to Cas. "The boots add sex appeal."

He frowns, connecting the dots. "Like the pizza man and the babysitter?"

The three of you had sworn that the event of Castiel finding Dean's box of DVDs wouldn't ever be spoken of again, and as you realised what was happening, nodded silently.

"Doctor! Come quick, it's Nurse Michael! Something's gone wrong, he's stuck!" An extra with familiar curls and wide, brown eyes pages Doctor Sexy. On screen, Mariana looks more than distressed to see her lover go.

"Stuck?" Dean mouths alongside Dr Sexy.

"His brother from the other hospital just transferred, Nurse Luke Cipher. And then there was an incident, and Michael and Luke are stuck in the garbage shaft."

Castiel is silent. You frown. You were sure, last time you watched this, back when it aired between hunts with Dean that it had been different. Dean doesn't seem to be fazed.

"I'll be back, Dean," you touch his shoulder lightly, not able to shake the feeling that something very wrong is about to happen. "Forgot we hadn't...sorted laundry."

He doesn't move. "It's okay. I'll help when I finish watching this."

You move away from the television, skirting around the horribly painted walls too stand at the front window, the clean washing basket untouched by your feet. Michael. Luke Cipher. Lucifer.

You whirl around to tell Dean what you've realised, but you can't. Standing there, is a face you both know and don't know, know is dead and know is very much alive by the waggle of his eyebrows and tearing off of his fake moustache.

The archangel Gabriel takes your hand before you say a word - and that's the last you see of your apartment.