Tinker Belle's Cousin Reprimands Me

Picture this: you, Dean, Sam, Sam's boyfriend Gabriel and Gabriel's brother Cas all laying down in the middle of a warm, summer's day. There's been a picnic lunch, packed by Sam, filled with healthy stuff Dean begrudgingly ate, and Cas frowned at the entire meal. There are bees nearby, and no clouds in sight. It is peaceful.

But now, that's not what happened. Of course, the picturesque moment was trashed the moment that you felt something take a hold of you, and everything went black.

When you woke up, the first thing you noticed was

 that there was a multitude of rainbows, everywhere. That there was just light, and there was something very wrong with the way that all you could feel was...bark? Where were you?

"She's woken," a voice spoke, and turning  toward them, you make out their shape. The person who spoke does not look like a person at all. In fact, they appear to be very not human, and completely and utterly out of a John Lennon LSD daydream, or something of that sort. The one who spoke has scaled skin in shades of green, almost like a crocodile, and eyes slit like cats. Their hair is long, and made of...leaves? Where are you? "I am aware you are the one who suggested your friends to sit where they did."

Your eyes widen, and sitting up, you feel woozy, like you've either had too much blood rush from your head or too much to drink. Either way, your mind is jumbled, and so is the reality around you.

You are sitting on the branch in the tree above your group of friends, but instead of being the same size they are, you are no larger than a pin's head. If this was the most unsettling thing that had ever happened to you, including the fact that God had erased a portion of your life, you would have to struggle to face the facts. Fast. 

"Fey?" you whisper.

The creature with the cat eyes frowns. "Yes, that is what we are, but you have not answered! You are the one two have suggested your friends to trespass on the fey land?" The fairy is angered, their form stiffening. They are angered.'

Your mind races, back to before the pleasurable luncheon, to before the car trip, and you sigh. "Yes, it was me. But -,"

The cat-eyed fey moves toward you. "You entered the faerie ring, and you can only exit the faerie ring if you have the wits to."

You take a deep breath, and for a moment, all you can picture in your mind are all the cartoon fairies and pretty creatures that The Last Unicorn and Fern Gully showcased and not what magical horror you're seeing. But instead of letting that get in your way, you exhale. And,

"I'm the Vinculum." you tell the cat-eyed faerie. "I'm the one who will bring balance to all races and genders, all of the world and its counterparts, all species of creatures."

The fey smirks. "Now that sounds like the ________ I know."

You frown. "You knew me? What was I, a celebrity or something?" you wonder. "The more I learn about me being a reincarnation of myself, the freakier it gets." you confess to the fey. "So, which life did you know me in, ah, I mean, if I'm not breaking any faerie rules asking that."

Cat-eyes grins. "In one of your lives, you were a faerie, a mere daffodil faerie who almost completed the stages of the Vinculum trials. But you fell in love with a fern fey, and fell victim to his charms. You were almost through when a human killed you." Their voice is monotonous, dead. But from the way they regard you, the way the faerie is standing, you can almost guess a sense of grief. "You were thought to be a firefly and died in a small child's bedroom in 1835."

For a moment, your mind is blank. 

Then, "How - how could I be a faerie? I'm human. I'm a human being, and - oh my gosh, that means I could be all sorts of things, didn't it?" you ask.

The fey snorts. "If I recall, it was the next life you were turned into a werewolf, but these questions are not what you are supposed to be asking, ________ ________." The cat-eyed faerie reminds you. "You are to ask me now where the fey piece of the puzzle is, and I am to reply with nonchalant sobriety at no knowledge of its whereabouts, and then you continue your search to bother another clan," the fey snarks.

 "But you do know where it is," you frown.

They smile. "Why yes, I do." The cat-eyed faerie replies. "It's within me. But I can assure you, ______, if you are to extract it from me, I shall die. I've been around on this plane for a thousand years more than your soul has, and much longer on the faerie domain. And once I die, you shall be transported back to the people you care so deeply for, and the angels." They tell you. "This much I can promise."

You nod, and slowly, you move forward. "Where - where is it located?"

Reaching out, the fey gathers your hands, and places them in the centre of their chest. "If you do it right now, I shall be freed from this pain. I will be one with the earth, where I belong."

You nod. "I'll try to make it swift. It's a skill I've acquired recently." 

You feel the familiar tugging sensation, and closing your eyes to shield it from the blinding green light, you feel the air around you tremble, and swell, and all at once, your body grows and swells and breaks and - 

"You've completed the trials, _______." Chuck smiles.