𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

KIMBERLY'S POV

TODAY WAS  MY first day of practice at Barcelona, and I guess you could say I was excited. Ever since officially joining Barcelona, I've been getting backlash from "fans" calling me a snake and a traitor. But truthfully, it doesn't faze me; they're just probably people with no lives that want something to gossip.

As I walked into the practice facility, I saw the girls giving me dirty looks. I can't really blame them for hating on me; after all, everybody knows that I'm known for being quite competitive and doing whatever it takes to be on the field to win, even if that means playing dirty.

Despite the girls openly judging me I didn't care I wasn't there to make friends I was there to practice and play ball, after waiting for a few minutes coach came out and told us to run a  lap around the pitch, as I was running this girl bumped me - not like an accident bump but as if she did it on purposes she gave me a strong glare and instinctively I returned her look with a dirty look what a bitch?, I thought to myself.

As practice came to an end, I felt like I should at least help pick up the equipment so I didn't seem rude As I cleaned up the cones from the field, it had become obvious that all of the other girls had left me behind to complete all of the other tasks. I know I said that making friends didn't really matter to me, but I missed my teammates from Real Madrid they became my family and no matter where we traveled or who we played against it felt like home; but now here in this new place it feels like being a stranger in a foreign land leaving me homesick.

I felt myself starting to get emotional and I desperately wanted to keep my composure and hold it together, I hate crying and showing my emotions so I bit the inside of my lip and clenched my jaw, determined not to let anyone else see my upset.

As the sun begins to set and I'm still out here cleaning up, I can't deny the feeling of loneliness I have never felt before. Should I just retire? I kept questioning myself as I was cleaning I quickly snapped out of it when I heard some foot steps coming.

"Hey I saw you out here and I thought I could help you." I heard the voice said as I turned around to see Pedri Barca's golden boy. his hair slightly messy and face glistening with sweat, like he had just gotten off practice himself too.

Pedri is a very talented player; I had seen him play against Real Madrid a few times before. Even though they were on rival teams, many of the guys from Real Madrid spoke so good of him. They talked about how respectful he was, and how no one could ever find it in their hearts to dislike him because of his friendly personality.

"No thanks." I said, trying to ignore him. I didn't need his pity I could handled things on my own. Gathering up the rest of the equipment, I put it back in its proper place, hoping that he would take the hint and leave me alone.

But as he still stood there, it was evident he wasn't going to go away. A slight smile crept up on his face as his dimple's showed, he let out a laughed. "It's okay to need help." he said. He noticed my hesitation and so he jumped in to help before I had a chance to refuse.

We stayed in complete silence as we cleaned up, and even though we hadn't said a word, it wasn't awkward his presence was comforting. At last, once we had finished cleaning, Pedri finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "I don't know if anyone has told you this yet, but I'm glad you joined Barca." His words made me smile for the first time since I came here, I felt a little bit of sunshine warm my cold heart and I almost felt like I was home.

"I didn't know you could smile?" he said sarcastically i quickly frown "what do u mean?" I questioned he laughed "I've just never seen you smile." he added "aren't you supposed to be a bitch?" I gasped "a bitch? is that really what you Barcelona players think of me?" I acted hurt.

He chuckled "Maybe most of them, but not me." he said back I brushed a strand of hair away from my face that had fallen free from my ponytail as I looked up at him getting a better view of him  "and why don't you hate me?" I questioned.

He stop and stared at me and for a moment I thought he wasn't going to answer but he finally spoke. "because I know your not as arrogant as the media makes you seem." he spoke softly as he said that for the first time I truly felt understood by someone other than myself.

As we started walking towards the parking lot, I decided to break the silence. "Well, this is my ride" I said, stopping by my car. "We'll see you around, Silva." he replied back with a smile, walking towards his car. I smiled back, maybe moving to Barca wasn't such a bad thing after all.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*