Makes Sense.

Maya~

"Still?" Bridget asks as I hold my head in my hand.

"It stopped for a couple of weeks. My headache just came back today. Well, I've had one every day. I can actually feel it today."

"Did you ever see somebody?"

"Yes, and they couldn't do anything. Everything was normal."

She sighs. "Bridget, I'm fine. I need to be fine. I'm supposed to go to a game tonight."

"They're back?"

"Today's Opening Day."

"And you're going to try to bear through a baseball game where the people next to you will be drinking and shouting along with everyone else in the stadium?"

"I might not go if I feel like this when I get off."

"You'll make it worse if you go."

"I'm waiting it out."

"You've got some nerve not coming to my game and not telling me," Christian says, scaring me as he walks into my room, turning the light on.

"How'd you get in?"

"I know your garage code."

He sits next to me as I turn the TV down, "Sorry, haven't felt good for a while."

"That's what Bridget told me."

"You talk to Bridget?"

"She texted me. I didn't see it until after I was done."

"Well, I didn't know she had your number."

He puts his hand on my hip, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I've felt crappy for a month."

He frowns, "Think you're up for something? I brought some stuff over."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing you need to worry about. Just come out here."

I get out of bed and follow him out to my kitchen. "After I saw Bridget's text, I asked her to grab some of your favorite things and drop them off at your front door."

Some of my favorite foods are in a wicker basket. "I'm going to assume the basket was her idea."

He laughs, "Yeah, I didn't tell her to do that."

I smile even harder when I notice the flowers laying on the counter. "I didn't know you were so gracious."

I put my arm around him, "Thank you."

I'd eat all of this now if I had an appetite. "Do you have a vase?"

"Above the stove."

He finds one of the vases above my stove, fills it with water, and puts the flowers in the vase. "So what's the problem been?"

"I have no appetite and if I do, it doesn't last. I've had a headache every day for the past month. I'm just exhausted."

He sets the flowers in the middle of my table. "I'm sorry. I know I can't do much but I'm here."

"That's more than enough," I tell him.

We end up back in my bed. I guess we're back to our normal routine. Him sleeping over and me leaving at such early times of the day. "I did want to go tonight but I knew if I went, I'd be miserable."

"Don't worry about it. But you did miss a great game."

"Did I now?"

"I had a three-run home run. We won by a great catch that wasn't made by me."