Nightmare.

Maya~

I wake up alone but feel well-rested after last night. I'm not surprised I slept. I always slept great when Christian would stay the night.

I go out to the kitchen and don't see Christian. I check the driveway and his car is still there. I hear the sliding door open.

I look back at Christian as he comes in, "You had branches in your garden. I put them in a pile off to the side."

"Oh, thanks."

I like waking up to him. I rub my eyes, "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good."

"Good. I figured you did. You fell asleep while we were talking."

"On the couch?"

"No. We were in bed."

I have zero recollection of this. He laughs, "It was nothing, I promise. We were taking one minute and then you didn't answer me."

That's a relief. Unless he isn't telling me all of it. I could see that happening.

I look out the window at my backyard. "What time is your game?"

"7:10."

"Okay."

"Can we get breakfast? Maybe continue our talk from last night?"

"I thought you said it was nothing?"

"It was. I just enjoyed it."

"Let me go change."

"Take your time."

I start to walk back to my room, "Hey, you don't happen to have any of my clothes still, do you? I'd rather not stop at my apartment to change."

"It's in my closet," I tell him.

"You kept it?"

"Yeah. Bottom drawer."

We go back to my room. I keep the bathroom door half-open as I get ready in here. I watch his reflection in the mirror. He stretches out his back before putting a shirt on.

I stop my wandering eyes. My heart wants something my brain doesn't. At least I don't think it does. Although I'm not sure I should even trust my brain right now.

"Maybe I should come more often, huh?" I ask Christian as I walk backward through the tunnels.

"You might have to. I don't know if we've ever scored more runs."

I hold the door open, "Noted."

His hand brushes up against my back as he passed me. "I mean, seriously, are you trying for another MVP?"

He laughs, "Why stop when it's achievable?"

"Did you learn how to trash talk after winning last year?"

"Maybe I just improved."

"Oh, I see how it is."

"It's like when you trash talk Sydney about every single thing."

"Hey, she deserves most of it."

"What about the rest?"

"I have to have a little fun."

He gets to his car first, opening the door for me. "And you're just as sweet with and without the MVP."

"Only for you."

He shuts the door before getting in on the other side. "When do you go back?"

"Tomorrow."

"Never enough time, huh?"