Divert.

Maya~

Christian parks his car by the departures terminal. We get out. He takes my bag out of the back, pulls the handle up, and gives it to me.

He doesn't let go of the handle, "Do you want to tell me something?" he asks.

I'm taken aback by his question. I think about it. "What are you talki-," I sigh, "Ryan told you?"

"No. Larisa told me."

I look away from him. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asks.

I look back at him, "You know me, I didn't want you to deal with it."

"If my mom is making rude and unnecessary comments to you, I want to know. She has no right to do that and you don't deserve it."

I shrug. "I'm headed there to talk to her. I'm upset with her. She doesn't know I'm headed there."

I nod. "I'll let you know how it goes."

"I'd rather not know, honestly."

"Okay. You can tell me those things. I don't want there to be a weird feud going on."

"Okay."

He hugs me, "I'll see you in like ten days."

I hug him back, "Pick me up?"

"Of course. Let me know the details."

"I will."

We kiss. "Be safe."

"I will."

"Call me when you get home."

"I know."

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, see you soon."

He kisses me one last time before I head into the airport. I guess I should've told Larisa the same thing or had Ryan tell her. I guess I can't do shit about it now.

I'm jolted awake by a flight attendant walking quickly down the aisle of the plane. I look around to see anyone else's reaction.

I shrug it off focus the TV in front of me and try to find a movie to watch. I find a snack from my carry-on.

Before turning on my movie, I check the flight map to see where we are. God, I hardly slept. We're not even past Las Vegas. That sucks.

The beginning of my movie stops. I can hear a muffled voice outside of my earbuds. I take them out, "This a long shot but does anyone on this flight have medical training or experience?" the flight attendant asks over the intercom system.

I don't say anything to see if someone else is. "A nurse works too. If you do, flip on your call button. We'll come to you."

This would happen to me. Since nobody else has spoken up, I push the button and wait.

A flight attendant comes down to me, kneeling in front of me, "Are you a doctor or nurse?"

"Nurse practitioner," I tell her.

"We have a small situation up in business class. Would you mind following me?"

"Of course."

I follow her up to business class, "He's complaining of chest pain. Just started a couple of minutes ago."

I kneel beside the seat, "Are you on any blood thinners?"

His wife hands me a pill bottle, "He's been on them for years. We fly frequently. This has never happened."

I examine the bottle before handing it back to her. "Sit tight. I'm going to talk to someone to see what we can do."

I go up to the flight attendants, "Is there a medical kit?"