15. Separation

| Ellery Cohen |

 | Ellery Cohen |

I had missed my daily nap after lunch time, and I was now being forced into a dress that I hated and made me feel scratchy all over, while this lady was now dragging me down the stairs and into a car seat that was not anywhere near as nice as the one that Miles had bought for me. 

This lady was more like mommy, and I hated it. I hated the way that she grabbed onto my wrist tightly and that she forced me to places. Miles and the boys always made sure that I was ok and that I actually wanted to go. They gave me a choice that I had never had before, and was now starting to slip away from me. 

I was also forced to leave my teddy bear at home, in the bed, which I didn't like. My teddy always came with me, everywhere. Miles had always made sure of that. He never let me out of his sight if I didn't have my teddy. He always made sure that I had it, or he was holding it for me. 

I hated going places new when I didn't have my teddy, and this lady had made me do all of that. I never said anything about it, as she didn't seem like the lady that would want to hear about everything bad with me. I just wanted Miles at this point. It had been way too long without him and the boys. 

They called almost every time that they could, which was usually before I had to go to bed or I had just woken up, but they always made sure to ask about me. I could always tell them all everything, especially Miles. I had started calling him daddy now, which he didn't seem to mind, but it was harder, having always known him as Miles. 

But now, I was past the point of being cranky, I was just so so tired. I never got a full night of sleep, unsure of what could happen to me. If Miles was here, I would be able to sleep and not be so tired all day. Everything was out of place, especially now that I had lunch earlier and I didn't know when nap time was. 

I didn't like it here at all. I just wanted to be able to tell Miles that I could do this without him, but I so badly wanted to tell him that I wanted to go home to him, and be able to hug him. I would never let go, even if he told me too. The boys would need all of my hugs, just like I needed all of their hugs. They were the ones that had protected me from everything while keeping me happy. 

Feeling the straps of the car seat, the lady spoke no words to me. She very rarely spoke many words to me when it was just us two, but she spoke a little bit more when the man was around. Apparently he worked shift work, or whatever that was. He would sleep all day, which was when I was told to be quiet, while he would go to work just after we had had dinner, which was also quiet late for me, as I was usually very hungry by the time we were eating. 

"Now, Ivy dear, you just stay quiet today and I will do all the talking. There is nothing to worry about, as I will hold you close to me" and that was another thing I hated about this lady. Miles had told me that hate was a strong word, and I felt it suited how I felt towards this lady. She kept calling me Ivy, but whenever Miles rang, it was like she knew that wasn't my name.