19. Ice-Cream Fixes Everything

| Ellery Cohen | 

| Ellery Cohen | 

I hate being woken up from a good sleep. But, I will wake up for Miles. He was sitting me up, as I was rubbing my eyes as he was moving around the room. The sun was up, so I knew that I had to be up. He was rummaging through my clothes, before he finally pulled something out that I didn't even know that I owned. 

"Do you like this?' he questioned, showing me what he was holding, and I tilted my head to the side, unsure of what it was, but I just nodded my head. "Its some swimmers" I still didn't understand, but I was too tired to ask. I just nodded my head again, as he took me to the bathroom to get changed. 

He then grabbed a summery dress, draping it over me, before he picked me up, now changed into the swimmers and dress, while I walked out to see the boys. Some of them had shirts while others didn't, but they all had similar shorts on. I didn't understand, but I immediately let go of Miles hand and walked over Carter, who I had known as being Miles best friend. 

I crawled onto his lap, as he just laughed at me, before continuing to scroll on his phone, as Miles started packing some things. I closed my eyes, just listening to everyone talk and move around. I blew out a breath, as I could feel that sleep was creeping up on me, and I was ready to welcome it back up with big arms. 

"Car, don't let her go to sleep. She won't sleep in the car then" I heard Miles call out, and I immediately felt cranky, as I was then shaken slightly. "Come on, keep those eyes open for me" I huffed, when Carter made me look up at him, as he gave me a smile that I just couldn't give back cause he wasn't letting me sleep. I loved my sleep and he wasn't letting me sleep. 

"But I wanna sleep" I whined, leaning my head forward onto his chest, as he just chuckled, which vibrated my forehead and I did not like the feeling. I sat up, a pout resting on my lips, as I looked at Carter. He was not being very nice to me right now. I sat fully up, crossing my arms over my chest, as I looked at him with my scariest look that I could pull together. 

This just caused him and a few other boys in the room to laugh at me, while I continued my stance. None of this was funny. I wanted to sleep and Carter wasn't letting me sleep so I was grumpy and most definietly not happy with them right now. Maybe I could give them the silent treatment. 

Rolling off Carter's lap, I laid in the corner of the couch, letting a puff of breath out, while I still kept my arms crossed over my chest. They were not letting me sleep, so I wasn't gonna talk to them. "Come on Ells" someone murmured, and I just continued to not look at any of them. 

When Rutger came into view, I had to bite my lip so that they couldn't see that I wanted to be happy with this whole situation. "Ell" he muttered, sitting down next to me with a sigh. I couldn't resist curling into him, but I continued to pout and have my arms crossed over my chest while he pulled me in closer to his body.