she doesn't get your humour like i do

❝ you're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset

she's going off about something that
you said, ❞

"how many times do i fucking apologise to make you forgive me?" minho growled over the phone, pacing back and forth in his bedroom.

"i don't know? maybe when your jokes are actually funny i'll forgive you!" his cheer-leader girlfriend, hae-ri shouted on the phone making him move the phone away from his ear.

"oh my fucking god i said i was sorry!" he yelled back, massaging his forehead in frustration.

"and i said i don't forgive you!" hae-ri yelled back and with that she ended the call leaving minho with no choice but to yell at himself.

and all this drama was witnessed by his childhood friend, jisung.

jisung was your average university student, he had average looks, average grades, average social-life and one not so average best friend who also made his life not so average after all.

the two of them had been inseparable since their tender childhood days, navigating the ups and downs of life side by side.

together, they experienced schoolyard fights, explored hidden realms of imagination, and shared secrets that were sworn to secrecy.

they were the embodiment of the unbreakable bond that only the purest of friendships could forge.

but as they ventured into their teenage years, something shifted within jisung's heart;

he began to see minho not just as his closest friend, but as something more.

the way minho's eyes sparkled when he laughed, the comforting touch of his hand on jisung's shoulder-every gesture stirred a whirlwind of emotions jisung had never experienced before.

love had silently taken root within him.

as their university years approached, jisung found himself falling even deeper in love with his best friend.

he knew his feelings would forever remain unrequited as minho started dating the most popular girl in university, hae-ri. jisung's heart ached as he witnessed them together, but he couldn't deny the connection he shared with minho.

jisung sat on the windowsill of his bedroom, his gaze fixed on the neighboring house. the familiar sight of his best friend pacing back and forth had caught his attention.

something was off. the tense expression etched across minho's face and the occasional angry gestures he made were signs that all was not well.

he couldn't make out the specifics, but the tension in minho's voice and the sharp retorts suggested a heated argument with none other than his girlfriend.

worry gnawed at jisung's heart. he clenched his fists, wrestling with his inner turmoil and finally decided to grab his notebook.

seeing minho calm down and settle on his bed with his face still buried in his palms, jisung quickly wrote with big letters on his notebook.

when minho finally decided to look up, he saw jisung waving at him and pointing to look at the notebook he had held in his hands.

the book read 'you ok?' with big messy letters making minho break into a small smile. without wasting any time he took ahold of his own notebook and quickly scribbled on it.

and on the other side, seeing minho smile made jisung break into a smile too while he quietly starred at his notebook, waiting for his best friend to reply back.

looking up jisung saw minho holding his own notebook with the words 'tired of drama :(' the action made jisung laugh internally at how dramatic the man was.

replying back, he held up his notebook with words 'sorry :(' written on them this time, making the both of them shrug sadly.

jisung had kept his feelings for minho hidden for years, fearing that their friendship would crumble if he revealed his true emotions but as he watched minho's distress unfold through the thin barrier of their windows, his concern overrode his fears.

he couldn't bear to see his best friend in pain, even if it meant risking their friendship.

and so he started scribbling on his notebook once again but before he could show it to minho, he had already drew his curtains closed.

disheartened, jisung put on his favorite taylor swift playlist and let the uplifting melodies fill his room.

the all-so familiar rhythm coursed through his veins, igniting a burst of energy that he couldn't contain and in a spontaneous moment of uninhibited joy, he began to dance.

twirling and swaying to the music, jisung lost himself in the euphoria.

he spun around his room, arms extended as if embracing the invisible joy that filled the air. his movements grew more extravagant with every beat, his carefree spirit soaring.

unbeknownst to jisung, his bubbly display caught the attention of minho. the sound of laughter from across the way made minho pause mid-sleep.

slyly, he pushed the curtains away with his fingers slightly, only to meet a jisung dancing like there was no tomorrow which made him smile, once again!

smiling, he drew the curtains closed again and went back to sleeping, grateful to have such a wonderful friend.