laughing on a park bench

thinking to myself,

hey, isn't this easy? ❞

two days had passed since jisung was apparently stood up by his bestfriend and well he decided that it was time to finally move on from his long-term crush.

he tried to ignore minho as best as he could, giving reasons to not walk with him to the bus stop, going home alone from the university, having his lunch in the library and what not.

but ignoring doesn't work the best if you're friends with your crush since childhood who knows how to handle all your mood swings, now does it?

and so jisung found himself being chased down by minho in their favourite playground after their university had finished for the day.

"go away!" jisung yelled as he was running around the slides in an irregular pattern.

"you can't escape me that easily! come on, what's bothering you? talk to me" minho yelled back as he tried to catch the latter.

"you are bothering me! let me go home!" he yelled again while climbing the stairs that led to the slides.

"i won't! unless you tell me what's wrong!" minho climbed the stairs too and before he could get a hold on the boy's shirt, jisung had swiftly slid down the round slide.

minho playfully chased after jisung, trying to catch him and bring a smile to his face, completely oblivious of the fact that jisung was sad because of him in the first place.

minho slowed down, giving jisung a chance to catch his breath. they settled on a nearby bench, the adrenaline from the chase still coursing through their veins, enjoying the light breeze.

"look i got you your favorite cheesecake!"

and there goes jisung's plan to move on in the gutter.

minho knew how much jisung loved cheesecake, so he decided to surprise him with a slice of his favorite treat.

"fuck you" jisung huffed and snatched the piece of cheesecake from minho's hands and quickly took a bite savoring the sweet flavour.

"now will you tell me why you've been ignoring me?" minho glared the boy who quietly shifted in his seat while enjoying his favourite dessert.

because you stood me up for your plastic girlfriend and don't even remember it.

internally laughing at himself and completely ignoring the older's request, jisung finished his cheesecake silently.

he took out his maths notebook from his bagpack and mindlessly flipped the pages.

"did you finish the assignment yet?" he glared back at the older who seemed to roll his eyes at the silly question.

"of course not!" he smiled and removed his notebook aswell, "if i finish mine then what's your job?" he nudged the boy besides him who gave him an annoyed look.

and so, they delved into a discussion about math, spending time going through the problems and finding solutions together.

"it's so easy! why can't you figure it out?" jisung smacked the older's forehead, it was the eight time jisung had to explain the same question to minho.

"i am not a smartypant like you! okay?" minho groaned in annoyance.

"of course you are not! because you're just a dumb fuck" jisung stuck out his tongue in attempts to annoy the older even more than he already was.

"that's it smarty pants, at this point you're asking for it" minho slammed his note book shut and jisung knew immediately that he had struck a chord and that he wasn't going to make it alive.

"tell mom i loved h-" and before jisung could continue, minho had already initiated a tickling war.

jisung giggled and squirmed under minho's tickling fingers, "stop i am sorry!" he managed to speak between his laughs.

"oh no, i'm just getting started! you're not getting away that easily!" minho grinned mischievously as his nimble fingers danced across jisung's sides and stomach, eliciting bursts of laughter and pleas for mercy.

as the tickling war intensified, minho leaned in closer, his warm breath against jisung's ear as he whispered playfully, "you might be my best friend but you can't get away with calling me a dumb fuck."

the playful rivalry continued, and at times, jisung managed to turn the tables on minho, retaliating with his own tickling tactics.

they rolled around on the bench, laughter filling the air, and momentarily forgot about any worries or stress that might have been lingering in their minds.

as the jisung reached out to tickle the minho's side, he accidentally lost his balance, causing him to tumble forward.

the momentum sent him toppling over, and suddenly, he found himself in an awkward position- jisung on top of minho.

for a brief moment, the laughter subsided, and their eyes met. in that instant, the playful atmosphere shifted, and the air seemed to hold a different kind of energy.

jisung blushed slightly, realizing the unintentional intimacy of the moment, his heart fluttered with a mixture of emotions-a hint of surprise and a touch of awkwardness.

but minho's expression softened with warmth and reassurance.

jisung sat back, giving minho some space, and both of them laughed off the momentary awkwardness since the tickling war had taken an unexpected turn.

as the sun began to set, the two friends decided to take a walk around the park, their shoulders brushing against each other.

minho playfully nudged jisung, "you're not getting away with that tickling attack so easily"

"oh, it's on! prepare to be tickled!"

and so, with renewed energy and laughter, they started another round of tickling, both of them chasing after each other with playful enthusiasm.

with that jisung also realised that maybe it wasn't the right time to move on and that maybe minho could possibly see him more than a friend too?

if not then he could just move on some other time couldn't he?