it's a typical tuesday night

❝ i'm listening to the kind of music
she doesn't like,

and she'll never know your story
like i do ❞

"did you try a bouquet and some pastry?" jisung asked minho. it was a typical tuesday night as the two were lying on jisung's bed.

it had been three days since minho and his girlfriend's silly little argument and guess who was still not over it?

"yup" minho sighed as he placed his arm over his eyes. he had tried every single method jisung had told him to make his girlfriend forgive him but none of them seemed to work this time.

"don't worry she'll come around on her own" jisung smiled to himself, how could she not?

it was minho afterall, if minho asked him to give up his life in the way he used to apologise to his girlfriend, jisung would gladly do it, heck he would give up his future lives too!

sitting up straight jisung looked at his right to see a minho sadly lying on his bed.

smirking, he took ahold of his speakers and quickly connected it to his phone before playing the two's favourite song.

minho shot up his head on hearing the familiar melody, glaring at jisung while a small smile made it's way to his face.

jisung started giggling as he waved his hands like shark fins, wiggled his hips, and exaggerated the song's motions.

his infectious enthusiasm started to take hold of minho, who couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's antics,

"baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo"

as the chorus repeated and the song became more absurd, the tension between them melted away.

minho's laughter filled the room, and soon, he joined jisung in the impromptu dance party. their laughter echoed through the walls as they let go of their worries, at least for a little while.

"mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo"

as the last notes of "baby shark" faded away, the two collapsed onto the bed, breathless and filled with laughter.

"you know, hae-ri hates this song" minho chuckled as he remembered the way he had played this song when hae-ri was sad causing her to cry again over how unserious his boyfriend was.

"but you like it don't you?" jisung snickered as he too remembered something, this was probably the nth time jisung had played this song for minho to lighten up his mood.

"i..i have a match coming up" minho sighed, making jisung roll on his tummy while he gave minho an 'it's okay' look.

minho's dad had always been passionate about football.

he played when he was younger and had high expectations for him to follow in his footsteps. he pushed minho to join the team, and at first, he enjoyed it too.

but over time, it started to feel more like an obligation than something he truly loved.

jisung knew about his story, scratch that only he knew about minho's story, not even his girlfriend.

so why was minho with her and not him when she didn't even know how to comfort her boyfriend?

shaking his head, he shrugged of the thoughts by telling himself that minho was happy with hae-ri and that the two of them were the it couple.

"i don't know if i can do well in this match.." minho had a hint of unease in his eyes, "..with hae-ri not being there to support me and stuff" he sighed.

"hey!" jisung's brows furrowed in concern as he listened intently to his best friend, "what do you mean? i'll be there to support you! screaming your name from the bleachers!" jisung motioned his hands as if he was a cheerleader.

minho chuckled at his friend's inability to form sentences that didn't sound wrong or was it his own dirty mind? "i can make you scream my name otherwise too" he winked at the latter who was now a blushing mess.

throwing his quokka plushie at minho he yelled,"shut up you dirty minded piece of shit!" making minho laugh so hard that he fell off of the bed.

it was jisung's chance to laugh at him. he laughed as he pointed at minho who rubbed the area where he was hurt, glaring at jisung while doing so.

as their conversation gradually tapered off, a calmness settled upon the room.

the exhaustion of the day caught up with them, and they found themselves nestled comfortably together on the bed, their bodies intertwined in a gentle embrace.

breaking the silence, minho softly whispered,"i am so glad to have you as my friend sung" he smiled while looking straight into jisung's eyes.

being oblivious as ever, minho mistook the tears as the glimmer jisung always had in his eyes. softly smiling jisung whispered back, "me too min"

with their bodies molded together in a gentle cuddle, they drifted into a deep slumber.

the room was cloaked in a serene stillness, illuminated only by the soft moonlight filtering through the curtains.