1○ 130 AC: FAMILY REUNION

Vaera stood, watching her brother as he swung his sword at Ser Criston Cole. It bored her to see her brother fight. She enjoyed flying with him, but she wasn't allowed to train with him after the incident with Aegon.

It had only been announced a few nights prior that she would marry Aemond. She loved her brother, but she didn't want to marry him.

Jacaerys Velaryon stood with his brother, watching their uncle fight when he spotted Vaera in the crowd, looking bored out of her mind.

At first, he didn't recognize the girl, but upon closer examination, he noticed her dark eyes. The dark eyes he found so fascinating when he was young. This was indeed Vaera.

Aemond struck Ser Criston's sword and held his own to the Knight's neck as the crowd clapped for Aemond.

Vaera rolled her eyes as she smiled at Aemond. He usually won his fights, so they weren't exactly interesting anymore, but he almost never beat Ser Criston. Almost never.

"Well done, my Prince. You'll be winning tourneys in no time." Ser Criston spoke, giving Aemond a small smile. "I don't give a shit about tourneys." Aemond lowered his sword.

"Nephews...have you come to train?" Aemond asked. Jace and Luke didn't answer. Veara turned to see her nephews standing among the crowd.

She stared at them, not expecting to see them in the courtyard, especially not watching Aemond fight.

"Open the gate!" A guard yelled, and everyone, including Vaera, turned to see who had arrived.

Vaemond Velaryon stepped through the gate, guards surrounding him. Everyone was on edge. Corlys Velaryon had been injured, and his succession was to be decided.

Of course, Vaemond himself, Vaera's mother, and Vaera's grandfather all believed that Vaemond should inherit the Driftwood Throne.

Vaera thought otherwise. Although Lucerys didn't look like his father, his grandmother was a Baratheon.

Their black hair was their dominant feature. It was logical to think that some of Rhaenys' genes could've passed on to the boys.

And besides, she thought it was pointless to decide Driftmark's succession. One, it had already been decided. Luke was the heir to Driftmark.

And two, Corlys Velaryon wasn't even dead yet.

Vaera finally spotted her nephews and walked over to them. It was clear that Luke didn't recognize her, but she recognized him.

"Well, have you come to train?" Vaera asked, startling Lucerys. "Uh, no..." He said, unsure. "Ao mazverdagon." (You've grown) Vaera said, looking at Jacaerys, but she was only met with a frown.

He hadn't fully learned High Valyrian yet, so he didn't exactly understand what she said. "You've grown." She repeated what she had said. "Both of you. It's lovely to see you again -"

Vaera was cut off when her brother grabbed her hand and kissed it. "I saw the impressed look on your face when I beat Cole." He said, smiling. Vaera knew it was an act, but she recepted nonetheless.

"Were you looking to murder him?" He smirked before looking at Jacaerys for a split second. "Maybe." Aemond said, smirk still evident on his face.

"I think he went easy on you." Veara whispered, causing the smirk on Aemond's face to disappear.

"He didn't." Aemond said, slightly angry that Vaera spoke to him that way in front of his nephews. The nephews who had taken his eye.

Vaera looked at a woman who stared at her nephews, disgust evident on her face. She looked back at Aemond before taking his hand. "Seems you aren't as bad a fighter as I'd thought."