Author's Note

This story is part 2 of Faces of Moon series. I am writing the first three books concurrently and hoping to write them in a way that will not give away the ending. 

*****

WARNING: This series does contain graphic descriptions of violence, rape, murder, and animal deaths, consensual sex, mentions of self-harm/thoughts of unaliving self and others, mental health issues, depression, abandonment, etc. These are tough topics for a lot of people, so if these will trigger you, please do not read this series. I will try to post trigger warnings at the beginning of each chapter that contains these elements.

COPYWRITE NOTICE

This is my original work. I attest I have not plagiarized. I've spent a year combing through mythology, websites, books, and writing notes in notebooks to come up with this story. Please do not steal my ideas or my work or share it without my permission. I've worked hard to come up with this universe. Any similarities between this book and another work are probably coincidence, but please notify me if you find something. I'll happily speak to another author if there are similarities or concerns.

All Rights Reserved

The copyright holder retains all the rights provided by copyright law, such as distribution, performance, and creation of their work.

*****

Setting: North America in an alternate universe in modern day with current technology.

Differences in this universe and ours: The Witches stood up to the Puritans and created a space in society to exist in publicly. Vampires came out openly during the American Civil War on both sides of the war. Vampires are investors and billionaires in society in this world. They are heavily involved in oil and gas industries, all alternative energy options, tech, sports, fashion, and basically anything that brings in a lot of money. Werewolves took the longest to come out publicly, but fought against westward expansion by securing National Forests and wildlife preserves as Pack lands. Humans exist in pretty much the same way they do now, except the poorest groups are hired on as servants, basically slaves or indentured servants, for vampires or werewolves or rich human families. Human trafficking is a thing. Native American tribes are still around and reservations still exist because humans still suck.

POV: Part 1 will focus on Lou's perspective. Part 2 will be Coley's. Part 3 will be Nayeli's. I'm hoping to be able to write this in a way where you could start out with any of the three books and read them out of order if you want without giving away the ending. Each perspective will show each character's culture, folk tales, lore, life view as a different supernatural species.

Supernatural elements: Witches, werewolves, vampires and humans are very obviously part of the story, but there will be other supernatural creatures in this series, potentially including the Fae, nymphs, mermaids, sirens, shapeshifters, skinwalkers, gods/goddesses, shadow people, ghosts, zombies, angels, demons, etc.