Chapter 24

NSFW WARNING
==============================

Over a few weeks Firey got a bit better but Leafy could tell he still wasn't totally fine.

He's been looking after Grove well and he's been really helpful, maybe he was trying to things to distract himself from his emotions.

She wanted him to relax a bit, she's noticed him showing signs of stress lately, shaking

He is trying to get through it but he needed a bit of help, though he would never ask for it, she decided to take initiative.

"Hey Firey, do you have anything planned for the weekend?" 

"No, totally free, why?"

"Well, how would you feel about having a date night like we used to?"

Firey looked at her, searching for any hint of sarcasm.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you've been back for a few months now and it seems like a fun thing we could do, we haven't really spent much time together!"

"Yeah, it definitely would be great to spend time with you, I'm looking forward to it,"

Firey beamed at her and Leafy felt her heart melt as she admired her husband's genuine smile, that was the smile she wanted, that was the smile she fell in love with.

...

Leafy told Pin about her date night plans and Pin was a big fan of it, after teasing Leafy relentlessly, she offered to take Grove so Leafy could do what she wanted with Firey.

"Oh my, an empty apartment and a date night, how scandalous," Pin teased.

"Shut up, Pin," Leafy groaned.

...

And so on Saturday evening, Leafy was looking through her clothes to find something flattering yet tasteful for her time with Firey.

Leafy had reserved a place at a fancy restaurant Tennisball had recommended, she needed to dress up a bit.

As she searched through her wardrobe, Firey walked in and looked over her shoulder.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Uh, is my stuff in there?" he wondered.

"Your stuff?" she said confusedly.

"Clothes," he clarified.

"Oh yeah, I put those in storage actually, didn't think you'd need them," she shrugged. "Come with me,"

Firey followed Leafy down to the cellar of the apartment building, each tenant had a small room where they could store things.

In Leafy's room, was a mix of old furniture, a box of old baby clothes and a bike and right at the back was a chest with a lock that was labelled, Firey.

"Its so weird to open this after all this time," she smiled. "I never imagined I'd have to,"

Firey noticed a shift in her demeanor as her expression softened.

She kneeled down, opening the box and she stared at the contents, taking out a shirt and held it in her hands.

"It took me so long to put all of these things in here," she sniffed.

"I couldn't just put it all in at once, it hurt too much so every few days I would put one thing in," she clutched the shirt tighter.

"I always hated doing it, it felt like I was losing more and more of you, I even developed a ritual everytime I put something in," she paused as she took a breath.