be better.

Josephine's pov

There I was in the middle of nowhere on Alfheim. A planet known for its ruthless weather. It was ice cold out, as I was looking at the snowy horizon.

I begin walking towards the white woods a couple miles ahead.

Interesting thing about snow; it absorbs sound.

The air around me was filled with my cold steady breaths and the sound of snow crunching under my feet.

When I finally make it into the woods my eyes trace my surroundings to make sure I'm not being followed.

The silence is deafening. I don't like silence, it forces me to listen to the noise in my head. Now is not the time to be distracted by my thoughts.

Minutes later, I heard a twig snap somewhere behind me. I whip my head around and that's when I see her.

Sprinting towards me, I start to run as fast as my legs will take me. If it weren't for that twig, I would've never heard her coming.

Shit.

My breathing becomes heavier as my strides become longer. Jumping over logs and weaving through trees, I realize I'm not going to outrun her.

I reach for Gamora's sword that I had with me, ready to defend myself.

She catches up to me and I turn around swinging the weapon.

The woman dodges it and attempts to stab me with her sword, but I quickly move out of the way.

Every attack I make on her, misses.

Her attempt to cut my head clean off, fails. And instead, she cuts right through one of the trees.

Our weapons clash with each other as we fight, grunts filling the cold air around us.

She manages to slice through the palm of my hand making me drop the sword.

Her weapon jolts forward to make contact with my body, but I get down and use my leg to swipe hers from underneath her.

She falls flat on her back and I use this to my advantage.

I try running again but I didn't realize how fast she got back up. That was until I felt the blade of her sword slashing across the back of my thigh.

I scream out in pain.

It hurts, but the adrenaline keeps me fighting.

I run towards her as she tries stabbing me again but barely misses. I grab her arm and use my momentum to swing my legs around her head, throwing her down.

We both get back up within seconds.

With our weapons on the ground, we're forced to fight without them.

She kicks me in the stomach with such strength, I back into a tree. Reaching around to grab the back of my head, she uses a fistful of my hair to smash my head into another tree.

Damn it, I'm going to get another concussion.

I push myself off the tree trying to stay conscious.

I swiftly turn around swinging my leg high in the air and hitting her across her face.

She takes a few steps back, rubbing the side of her head.

I grab one of the knifes I had strapped to my ankle and throw it at her.

Obviously, with her amount of skill she easily dodged the weapon.

The woman realized both swords were at her feet, she looks down. Then back up, her piercing eyes look into mine.