promises

Third person pov

While the Guardians traveled to Knowhere, they mostly kept to themselves. Entertaining the thoughts in their heads.

On one side of the ship, Gamora sat there with memories of her childhood, of Thanos.

Reminiscent of the time her planet was massacred.

In the clutch of her hand was a blade that Thanos had gifted her as a child.

Slowly drowning in her thoughts, Peter walks in, disrupting her.

"Gamora, do you know if these grenades are the blow of your junk kind or the gas kind?" Peter asks making his way in front her. "Because I was thinking about hanging a couple on my belt right here. But I don't want to if they're the..." He gestures to his waist.

"I need to ask a favor." Gamora cuts him off.

"Yeah, sure."

"One way or another, the path that we're on leads us to Thanos."

"Which is what the grenades are for." He chuckles. "Uh...I'm sorry, what's the... what's the favor?" Peter asks more seriously.

"If things go wrong...if Thanos gets me, I want you to promise me...you'll kill me." Gamora looks at him.

"What?" Peter looks off guard.

"I know something he doesn't." She admits. "And if he finds it out, the entire universe could be at risk."

"What do you know?" Peter furrows his brows.

"If I tell you, you'd know too."

"If it's so important...shouldn't I?"

"Only if you wanna die." Gamora says in a whisper.

"Why does somebody always have to die in this scenario?"

Gamora turns her body to face the man she loves most. To ask him to do the hardest thing he'll ever have to do.

She didn't think she'd die today, the thought hadn't crossed her mind.

But she also didn't think she'd be asking Peter Quill to kill her when the moment comes.

The sadness comes with the anger that she even has to be in this situation. But that's part of the job.

She knew that.

Love, something she was born from. Something she forgot how to feel.

Love, something she'd die from. Something the guardians made her feel. 

She looks up at Peter and soaks in his presence. Thinking the longer she looked, the more she'd have of him to take with her. She wanted to remember every crevice. Every wrinkle he had from smiling too much. Every breath he took, his voice and laugh. She'd never tell him but her favorite song was just Peter's voice. Whether, it was him belting in the shower or humming during a fight. It didn't matter. Because as long as it was him, he was hers. If only, this unspoken thing lasted just a little longer, she thought.

"Just...trust me and possibly kill me." Her eyes become watery.

"I mean, I'd like to. I really would, but yo-" Quill jokes.

Gamora places her hand over his mouth and sighs.

"Swear to me. Swear to me on your mother." She shudders looking into his eyes.

Gamora takes her hand off Peter for him to respond.

But he couldn't. Not at first.

This was the girl of his dreams, asking him to kill her. He didn't want to believe what she was asking, but looking in her eyes, he knew she was serious. Peter just hoped and prayed that it wouldn't come to that. That's a promise he doesn't know if he's strong enough to keep. But for now, his eyes remain on the woman in front of him. The woman he adores so much, the one he wants to spend his whole life with. It's all he's ever wanted since meeting her. Even with all the bad luck in Peter's life, he always considered himself to be the luckiest guy in the world. And not even for being in a relationship with Gamora, but just for being in the same room as her.