5|Wedding Reception

Elianna's POV

I sat by the head table forcing myself to finish to remaining food on my plate.

He didn't say a word to me from since we came here.

He didn't even eat with me.

Matter of fact, he wasn't even next to me.

For the whole night, all he had been doing is talking to people. I don't know if they were his family or friends because he didn't even bother to introduce me.

A few people came and introduced themselves to me as associates of my father but other than that, nobody came.

I wondered why.

"Can I get everybody's attention?" The MC asked and we all turned to him. "A little birdy told me that the bride is a dancer."

The crowd started cheering.

"Now where is our groom? Our stomachs should be full now so let's make the bride and groom have their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Mariano!"

The crowd cheered and he looked upset. He obviously didn't want to do it.

One of the guys around him pushed him into the center and he looked up to me.

"Let's go Elianna! Show him how to dance!" Someone in the crowd shouted.

I kicked off my heels before standing and heading to the dance floor where he was standing.

The music started playing and I took his hand.

We started rocking slowly to the beat of the song.

My eyes looked up to him but he was looking away.

I looked back directly to my line of sight which was his chest as we continued dancing.

Neither of us spoke a word to each other.

I looked back up again only to see him already looking down on me.

Our eyes instantly locked and we continued staring at each other.

"Could you do me a favour?" I broke the silence.

"What?" He asked already annoyed.

"Can you at least like you care in front of my brother? I don't want him to know I married an asshole."

He scoffed. "And why would I do that?"

"I don't want him to feel guilty for not coming to work for you."

"That's not my problem," he rudely answered.

"You know you can just be a basic human being for once."

"It seems like you love your brother," he said. "Looks like I will have to kill if you misbehave."

I felt a pit in my stomach.

"I'm begging you. Just please keep our hatred for each other a secret. Let's make it our secret."

"Fine," he agreed as the song stopped.

He started walking away and my eyes widened when I realized he was heading in Haze's direction.

I quickly ran behind him to stop him but I was too late.

"You must be Haze," he said as he stretched out his hand for a handshake.

"You must be Enzo," Haze smiled as he shook his hand. He turned to Eve. "This is my girlfriend, Eve."

"Nice to meet you," she said as she and Enzo shook her hand.

She was so shy and cute. I love her.

"I know you," he said to Haze.