chapter 4 : Chemistry

My face flushed bright red as he smirked at me. Shit,shit,shit...oh my- why did I say that out loud OH MY GOD???

I quickly snapped myself back into reality and forced out a laugh.

"PFFT what?" I snickered, trying to act clueless. He'll definitely fall for this...I'm a genius.

"Oh please, do you think I'm stupid?" He scoffed as he crossed his arms.
Or not..

"Yes" I blurted, immediately regretting my words, I don't know what came over me but I hoped it would end soon.

"Do you not know who I am?"

"Mmmm, Paul...? No- ahhhh Sean?" I bluffed, of course I know who he is, he makes it painfully obvious.

"Nick!? Nick Kennedy, I- the son of--"

Suddenly, I let out a big yawn and placed my head onto my hand.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed, astonished at my attitude towards him. I don't think he was used to feeling so unimportant, he probably thinks the world revolves around him or something.

Before the banter could carry on any further, students started rushing into the classroom and taking their usual seats. Nick went right back to reading meanwhile, I fixed my posture and took out my notes.

"Hello class, today there's no need for notes, we're starting a project actually." Exclaimed the teacher, hand on his hip.

My eyes widened in fear. A project?!? Please tell me this isn't a gr-

"You'll be working on this project in twos which, I'll be picking out for you." The teacher continued as the whole class groaned and sighed. My heart absolutely shattered.
NOOOOOOOOO?!?!!

The teacher called out different groups which I wasn't in, I was getting more and more anxious.

"Nick you'll be working with Simon"
Oh my god...no,no,no,no!!!! This cannot be happening to me right now --maybe if I pinch myself I'll wake up, this is just a nightmare!?

I quickly pinched my arm but nothing, I was still wide awake, in the same, dreadful science lab.

"Now, before you move seats..this project can be literally about anything as long as it's chemistry related like for example...how does salt melt ice? Or how is makeup made? You get the jist."

"This can be a made as a poster or powerPoint or just data, whatever. As long as you've these factors." He continued, pointing to the board.

"Got it? Alright, now you may go to your teammate." Once he was finished, everyone rushed to their partners. Except for me and Nick, the both of us didn't budge.

Is this guy seriously expecting me to come to him???

I wasn't going to let myself be toyed with but I couldn't let this project go to waste so I sucked it up and made my way over to him.

I sat down beside him and instantly got a big whiff of his strong perfume. I can't lie, it smelled really nice...vanilla, mm good choice..good choice

"So, Princess...do you have any ideas for the project?" He asked, his eyes focused on his school tablet. I was quickly taken aback, is Nick Kennedy asking for ideas???

Except, he literally chose the worst timing ever. Chemistry was actually my weakest subject. I quickly tried to come up with something to seem smarter than I actually am.

"Atoms!" I jumped up, aha! That's chemistry related!!

He turned his head to look at me and raised one brow, silently judging me.