Christmas Special : Old and new traditions

(P.s this isn't part of the current plot, just felt my characters deserved a nice, cute chapter so enjoy and merry Christmas!! 😊)

[Simons pov]

"Simon! Psstttt!!!" Lydia whispered as she aggressively shook me. I was quickly woken up and sat up to see what the hassle was about.

"What time is it...?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"That doesn't matter- it's Christmas!! Presents?!?!" She squeaked like a little child. Christmas was always her favourite holiday and looked forward to it every year. She always plans Christmas 2 months ahead...for Halloween she dressed up as an elf..

"We can open the presents later...I'm tired.." I moaned before suffocating myself into the pillow, hoping she'd walk away but she wasn't ready to give up.

"No Simon, we open our gifts before our pa- grandparents wake up...we do this every year!!! Come on."

I groaned once again.

"Come on!!" She yelped, hitting me with another pillow. There was no point in fighting it, she wouldn't quit. I quickly rose from my bed and headed downstairs with her.

We entered the decorated living room with all sorts of things like twinkling fairy lights hanging above the big open wall, candles and bells on the fireplace, little sewn gnomes hidden around the room and of course, the giant Christmas tree stacked into the very corner. Presents neatly laying under the tree.

Lydia squealed in joy, checking for boxes with her name on it.
And in seconds, you could find present wrapping throughout the whole living room, it looked as if some grinch had robbed the place.

"Oh.my.god!! Look at this beauty ugh!!" Lydia chirped as she showed me the brand new floral dress.

"Grandma did well packing your presents didn't she? You got that really expensive perfume you wanted aswell?! Probably ran out of money buying me gifts."

"Well? open up your ones!! What are you waiting for?!" She hissed excitedly.

"Okay, okay- calm down Grinch." I rolled my eyes playfully before unwrapping my presents.

First box was stuffed with coloured pencils, watercolours and a sketchbook. Which I was quite happy about but I swear, I think they got me this last year aswell.

No reason to complain! I was running out anyways.
I opened up the next gift and it was clay!!! I've been wanting that stupid thing for years now! I'm ecstatic!!!

"What naughty things did you do to get a rock for Christmas...yikes." Lydia commented, she was deadly serious.

"It's not a rock, it's clay!! You can make things out of it like a cup or plate or I guess...a dog?" I explained as she looked at me blankly.

"A dog...?" She repeated, furrowing her brows.

"Yes um- my point is, you can make anything you want. Of course you'll have to paint it to look pretty but no complaints there. Clay is awesome!" I continued with a smile. She simply shrugged her shoulders and jumped onto the sofa.

She grabbed the remote and turned on the TV at max volume making sure it's loud enough for our grandparents to hear. Nobody gets rest on Lydia's Christmas day.