Chapter Eight

**This has not been edited or proofread.**

Easton

I was nervous for tonight. Extremely. While I wasn't a virgin by any means, I knew my beautiful, new wife was. It was clear that while she was extremely knowledgeable and brilliant, she'd been sheltered in many other ways. Her brother was clear proof of that. He was overprotective of her.

My nerves didn't come from being inexperienced. My nerves came from not wanting to hurt her. I'd had sex with one virgin while in college, and she'd cried from how badly it hurt. She'd failed to tell me I was her first time, but I still should have been more careful and asked all the questions.

I really didn't want to hurt Catherine, even though I knew it might be inevitable.

The carriage slowly came to a stop in front of my house, and I quickly opened the door. After stepping out, I turned and held my hand out to Catherine, a warm smile on her face. Her hand was clammy as she placed it in mind, and I gave it a gentle squeeze in encouragement.

We had to consummate our marriage, and I knew everyone would be expecting her to be with child soon. But even though I was scared of hurting her, I didn't want her to be nervous, too. I would do everything I could to make tonight amazing for her.

"You okay?" I asked her once her feet were planted firmly on the ground. I kept her hand clasped in mine as I led her up the small walkway to the porch. My brother had taken my mom and little sisters to one of the hotels in town to give us some privacy tonight, but he'd been nice enough to make sure a lantern was lit on the porch so we could see.

I made a mental note to buy him some of his favorite muffins from in town.

Catherine drew in a deep breath as I unlocked the front door and opened it. I turned to face her. Dropping her hand, I reached up and cupped her face, leaning down to rest my forehead on hers. "Breathe," I gently ordered. "I know you're nervous, but I'll do my best to make tonight good for you."

She nodded. "I know," she said softly. "Can we go on inside?"

I released her face and then kneeled, lifting her into my arms to cradle her against my chest. She shrieked in alarm before giggling, a bright smile on her face now. I chuckled and stepped into the quiet house, gently kicking the door closed behind me. Leaning my head down, I pressed my lips to hers.

Nothing could have prepared me for the fireworks that exploded behind my closed eyelids or the way my heart raced or the tingles that shot through my body and headed straight for my stiffening rod.

She tentatively moved her lips with mine, trying to follow my lead. She was so inexperienced, but it was absolutely perfect. Kissing Catherine, my gorgeous bride, was so much better than I ever thought kissing could be.

A deep groan rumbled from my chest before I forced myself to pull back from her. My chest was heaving just as fast as hers was. Her lips were red and kiss-swollen, and my cock jerked at the sight of them.

Fuck, I needed to get her to bed.

"Hold on," I rasped as I headed for the stairs. I quickly climbed them as her fingers played with the hair at the nape of my neck. I could feel the beat of my heart all the way in my throat. I drew in a deep breath as I walked into my bedroom, trying to calm down. I had to slow down. I couldn't rush things with Catherine. She deserved to be worshipped. She deserved to make love her first time.

I needed to take care of her.

I gently set her on her feet and then cupped her jaw, my other hand settling on her waist. Leaning down, I pressed my mouth to hers again, gently coaxing her lips apart. I kissed her softer this time. Slower. Took my time learning every curve inside of her mouth and the addicting taste of her. She tasted of our wedding cake and champagne with a hint of red wine, and I couldn't get enough of her.