one

Seven masked figures silently traversed the sleeping city of Ninjago, slinking from building to building along the silver lines of a grappling hook

Seven masked figures silently traversed the sleeping city of Ninjago, slinking from building to building along the silver lines of a grappling hook. The night was still.

Y/n L/n sat perched on a rooftop, her legs dangling over the edge like a tease to death itself. She had no reason to fear falling. The wind welcomed her as an old friend, like it was doing tonight. The night air whispered in her ears an ominous warning.

Something sinister was making its was across the city.

"Anyone have time for a chase?" she questioned through her intercom, getting to her feet.

"Negative, the others are currently divided across active missions throughout Ninjago," Pixal responded.

A crack of static sounded as someone new switched on their microphone. "I just finished up with mine. Pixal, share Y/n's coordinates."

No matter how many times he said it, Y/n's heart raced every time she heard him mention her name.

Pull yourself together, Y/n!

"Y/n, your heart rate just spiked," Pixal observed with a hint of playfulness in her voice.

Y/n caught sight of the masked travelers and leapt after them. The wind ruffled her h/c hair as she rushed through the air. She hit the ground running (if you could call a roof "ground"). "Have some mercy, Pix."

Coincidentally, the green ninja was on that same building. They ran side by side, just as they had so many times before. They'd been through everything together.

She had first met him as a bratty little tween who tried too hard to follow the footsteps of his father. Y/n hadn't been a ninja back then, but when her adoptive older brother was chosen to become the black ninja, she had fought tooth and nail to come with him on his journey. It was soon discovered that Lloyd was to be the green ninja.

With the Great Devourer defeated, a new threat arose. The Final Battle was what had really sealed their friendship. Y/n, having no elemental power of her own, charged into battle against the Stone Warriors and helped the green ninja climb Borg Tower to reach his sworn enemy.

When the digitalized Overlord had seemingly disbanded the ninja for good, Y/n used her knowledge of dance to become a figure skater. While not officially part of the team, Lloyd had retrieved her from the ice and reunited her with her then-lumberjack brother. It was when Chen invited her to the Tournament of Elements that she finally realized her power to wield the wind.

When Morro escaped the Cursed Realm and possessed Lloyd, Y/n found herself facing both the man who had given her her powers and her best friend. The existence of two masters of wind nearly destroyed her, but the ninja managed to eradicate the Cursed Realm in time.

After losing Wu to the unstoppable forces of time, the ninja had spent a whole year searching for him and bettering themselves. Somewhere along the way, Y/n's platonic love for her friend had blossomed into a crush. Everyone knew - except for Lloyd.