four

this episode normally focuses on zane and cole, so here's me improvising bravely 🫡 (jk, i'm an intj and i plan stuff out :p)

Once glance at the way he was looking at her and Harumi knew her grasp on Lloyd was slipping. She sighed sharply, rubbing her temple.

"Harumi, can you hand me the electric torque wrench?" Nya asked, her head buried under the hood of a motorcycle-in-progress.

"Yes, of course," Harumi said politely. Her hand hovered over the ETW before she grabbed the wrong tool to prove her "lack of ability". She passed it to Nya with a satisfied smile.

Nya sighed. "Oh, sweetie, that's the torque multiplier."

Harumi acted bashful. "Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should be doing something more useful."

She exited the garage, releasing a frustrated breath.

I can't do this with Y/n in the picture. He spends every free minute frolicking with her. She froze in the middle of the hall. So I'll just get her out of the picture. A cruel smirk twisted the corners of her lips upward.

What kind of message would get Y/n L/n running for the hills?

She couldn't do anything about Lloyd, who was very clearly not in danger. Cole was already in the hands of Harumi's minions, and Y/n wouldn't be stupid enough to rescue him alone. What other family did she have?

The ship was empty, aside from Kai and Nya. Harumi had discussed the wind ninja enough with Nya to know that her bunk was in the infirmary. The platinum blonde strolled into the medical bay, immediately spotting Y/n's built-in sleeping nook. Miscellaneous photographs cover the wall, most of them unhelpfully of her and the other ninja.

One in particular caught Harumi's attention. A middle-aged man with bushy brows stood between the black and peach ninja, an arm wrapped around both of them. He eyes crinkled as he smiled. Now, it was common knowledge that Y/n and Cole were siblings. All the times Cole had screamed bloody murder about her hair strewn in the shower proved that. That would lead anyone to assume that the man in the picture was their father.

To further drive the nail in the coffin, a message was written on the photo in blue marker: 16th Annual Father's Day! Love you, Dad :')

Harumi shook off the empty feeling that reading about someone's parent gave her.

Their dad was a Royal Blacksmith, hm?

"UV, I need something witten. Stay at the base."

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

kinda random, but do you guys actually like this book? i'm not questioning your taste or fishing for compliments, i'm genuinely curious 👀

Y/n circled Ushinatta Station for the third time that morning, losing her mind. Pixal had detected that the Sons of Garmadon had taken Zane somewhere underground, but so far, the ninja had found nothing. She was subsequently driving herself crazy with having no leads as to where her brother was.