three

guys i'm actually terrified that anyone is reading this but at the same time thanks so much??? the performance anxiety is real

Y/n was sitting in the med bay, hissing in pain as she dressed the wound on the back of her head. It was nothing too terrible, but it did bring with it a killer headache. She also changed the plaster that nursed the cut on her cheek. The whole ordeal only reminded her of the previous night. How she'd ran away from her best friend in tears.

I should talk to him. He at least deserves an explanation.

She sighed, smoothing out a fresh plaster on her cheek. She slid off of the medical table and began packing away the supplies she hadn't ended up using. The med bay was not only an infirmary; it was also Y/n's bedroom. She ended up there most of the time, anyway. She had claimed a nook in the wall and laid her bedroll there. The walls were plastered with photos of her adventures.

One of her and Cole as kids, Cole giving a young Y/n a piggyback ride as she grinned, holding up her second place junior ballet medal with pride.

Some other photos of the whole gang came in the strips one would get from a photo booth. Most of them were with Nya and Kai.

One did stand out above the rest. It was Y/n with only one person and had been taken mere months ago. She had been celebrating Lloyd's birthday with the ninja that day, but the two of them had broken away from the group to noodle around like the team babies they were. It was in that grove of sakura trees that she had given him his present -a jade dragon charm with a little beard (Lloyd had lovingly named him Wu Junior, Wunior for short)- and planted an impulsive peck on his cheek.

It was the closest thing she'd done in terms of making a move, but the oblivious boy had taken it was purely platonic. Jay had been sneaky enough to snap a candid of the two as Y/n's lips connected with Lloyd's cheek, the green ninja looking adorably surprised.

The photo after that had been taken mere second later, with both teens laughing and blushing furiously as petals rained down from the canopy above. Sunlight fell upon them in a dappled pattern from peeking through the trees, creating a perfect komorebi effect.

Y/n vowed to treasure those photos forever.

Her hand subconsciously grasped the butterfly-shaped pendant that hung around her neck. That had been Lloyd's present for her birthday, a much less eventful day but wonderful nonetheless.

"Hey."

She turned to the voice that had come from near the door. Lloyd was leaning on the doorframe, looking a little worse for wear from nearly getting blown to bits and sleep deprived from patrolling all night, but he managed to still look frustratingly handsome.