𝐓𝐰𝐨

[𝐘/N] POV

After riding in the carriage for 20 minutes or so we arrived in town. I thanked the driver and gave him some money. He seemed grateful and I felt pleased with myself.

I remembered my mother told me that I was to meet Phillip in 30 minutes, I'm guessing it's only been 20 minutes since she's told me that so I have around 10 minutes to myself.

I walked into the markets and started to look around, I looked at the jewelry and flowers and much more.

I enjoyed being by myself, I always have. What I don't like is having people recognize and stare at me. Making comments, most likely on how I'm unchaperoned.

I stopped at flower stand and gently picked up at rose. I brought the delicate flower up to my nose and smelled it. A smile smile on my face in doing so.

"Do you fancy roses?"

I lowered the flower away from my nose and turned my head to see a beautiful boy with brown hair and brown eyes. He was dressed nicely as well so I'm assuming he's a noble as well.

"I fancy how beautiful they are and how wonderful they smell." I told him, making eye contact with the intriguing stranger.

He gently picked up another rose, getting closer to me in doing so, I felt my heart beat faster as he did so. I slightly scolded myself for it. I only just met him.

"Roses symbolize love, passion, and admiration." He said, looking down at me. I felt myself stare at him in almost a state of awe as he gently tucked the rose behind my ear.

He then turned towards the stand again and took a pink flower and handed it to me.

"Pink flowers symbolize, gratitude and admiration." He commented.

"How do you know so much about flowers, stranger?" I quizzed and he smiled.

"They're one of my many passions." He answered, taking the pink rose out of my hand gently and I slightly frowned.

"Perhaps you could teach me of them one day?" I offered and his eyes lit up slightly.

"I'd be delighted."

He then took the rose out of my ear and offered the rose to me.

"You're offering me a rose?" I said out of confusion remembering what he just told me they signify.

He nodded, smile on his good looking face, I admired his features for a couple of seconds, a good sculpted nose, and a sharp jawline.

I brought my hand up to gently push it away to decline it.

"Perhaps I'll accept one day when I know you better, Mr.?" I trailed off hinting that I was asking for his name.

"Basilweather. I am Viscount Tewkesbury, the marquess of Basilweather." He said bring his hand up for me take, I took it and took notice of his large his hand was compared to mine.

He gently brought my hand up for him to kiss my knuckles, I felt my ears getting hot.

"And you are?"

"I'm-" I was suddenly cut off by me being pulled away by an unknown person. Whoever it was I felt anger for, for ruining this moment that felt almost magical.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" I looked up and met the pale eyes of the one and only Phillip. His Italian accent very evident in his voice. He looked frustrated.

"Why are you talking to him?" He asked looking at me and then Tewkesbury.

I looked at Tewkesbury to see him looking very confused. I opened my mouth to explain things to him when I was suddenly pulled away gently by my elbow.

"Forget it. We're meant to go to the park together." Phillips voice filling my ears. I turned back to look at Tewkesbury one last time.

I mouthed a 'sorry' and he looked like he was about to start walking towards us when he was pulled away by another male who looked to be around our age as well.

I turned back to look at Phillip. He wasn't looking at me and instead in front of us as he practically dragged me out of the markets.

Once we were out of the markets he finally turned to look at me.

"What were you doing talking to the Basilweather heir bellissima?" Ah, there's the nickname I'm so familiar with. His voice almost sounds jealous. I scoffed at the thought.

"He was simply introducing himself. Didn't meant anything of course." I lied through my teeth and he seemed to be at ease. He let go of my elbow and allowed me to hook my around his as we walked towards the park we were going to spend the afternoon together in.

He chattered about his friends and how he was excited for the dinner his family and I were going to have.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with him, occasionally adding "that sounds nice" and "oh really?" to our conversations. I asked him about how traveling from Italy to England was and about his family.

I felt relieved when he didn't ask to court me. He walked me to my waiting carriage.

"So this is where we part bellissima  [Y/N]?" His pale eyes staring in my [e/c] eyes.

I nodded, trying to seem a little saddened. He then gently took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Until the next time, Viscountess [Y/N]."

I nodded. And gave him a friendly hug goodbye before getting in the carriage.

I looked down at my hands that were laying in my lap. I slightly smiled, remembering the interaction I had the Basilweather heir, Tewkesbury.

Something tells me that won't be the last time I see him. And for some reason, I'm getting butterflies in my stomach because of it.