𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Tewkesbury POV

"Come on mate, we've got to get going." My friend Charles voice echoed in my ears but I couldn't move. I could only stare at the girl who had intrigued me figure get farther away as she was pulled away by a another boy.

    I didn't even get to learn her name. I kept her beautiful face in mind, to keep my eye out in case I spot her again. Her beautiful nose, pretty lips, and gorgeous eyes.

"Do you know who that girl is?" I asked Charles, raising my hand to point at her with my index finger.

   His shoulders rose as he shrugged, "No idea. But the I do know who the boy she's being pulled by is."

   I turned to look at him, giving him a look to continue.

"That's Phillip Golding. There's a lot of rumors going around that he's trying to court Lord Bradburys daughter." Charles added, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

      He adjusted his porter coat and fixed his hat as he made eye contact with a girl who was walking by with another friend.

"Wait do you think that girl is Lord Bradburys daughter?" He turned towards me as I dazed off. Still thinking about the girl.

"I'm not sure." I muttered, visibly bothered at the fact that I didn't get her name. I heard Charles chuckle slightly.

"Do you fancy her or something?" He asked, amusement clear in his voice. And I shrugged. Did I fancy her?

"If you really like her you could always go to the ball the son of Lord Bradbury is holding in a week. Perhaps the mystery girl will be there." He shrugged his shoulder once again before putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm definitely going. Tons of fine ladies will be there." He added. "Are you in?"

    I thought back to the girl, the moment we had shared was short but there was something that made me feel pulled towards her. Even if she did decline the rose I offered.

"I'm in."

                     [Y/N] POV

I stared into my dear friends Daisy eyes, her dark brown eyes filled with excitement for me. I just finished telling her about Tewkesbury.

"This is so exciting! Finally a boy you seem interested in!" She squealed before I quickly butted in, raising my hand in dismissal.

"I'm not interested in him." I scoffed.

"You should see your eyes when you talk about him then, [N/N]." Daisy nodded her head, before she took a sip out of tea.

    We were both outside, sitting at one of the tables that overlooked the lake near my family's home.

"Oh! Do you think he'll come to the ball your older brother is hosting?" Her dark bangs moved in the wind and I sighed.

"I don't know Daisy." I replied, taking a sip out my tea.

   It's been a couple of days since the day I met Tewkesbury. The ball is tomorrow night and unfortunately the Goldings are coming for dinner later.

"How has it been going with Phillip? Is it true he's courting you?" Daisy asked, the curiosity evident in her dark eyes.

   I almost spit out my tea, "God no! I have no interest in Mr. Golding!"

Daisy smiled slyly, "That's what they all say."

     I narrowed my [e/c] eyes at her in annoyance as she day dreamed, her face resting in her gloved palm.

"And who are you thinking of?"

"Phillip. I cannot comprehend how you have no internet in him. He's quite handsome." She fawned before shaking her head at the those thoughts and I sighed, moving my [h/c] hair that was blowing in my face.

"It's not that I don't think he's attractive, he's perfectly handsome and kind. It's just that my mother wants me to fall in love with him when I see him as nothing as a friend." I explained to my clueless friend and she nodded in understanding.

"And who is that you want to fall in love? The Basilwether heir?" She teased and I rolled my eyes. Maybe I did want to fall in love him. Maybe I didn't.

"How are things with Lorenzo?" I asked, referring to her soon to be husband. Did I forget to mention that innocent Daisy is engaged with a to-be lord in a couple of months?

    She sighed, seeming a little bit saddened and I perked my head up. The last time I had asked her about him she sounded madly in love.

"Things are great! In fact I want you to come with me to find my wedding dress." She told me and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You don't seem happy." I observed, putting my hand on top her hers. "You can tell me anything."

  She smiled and shook her head, "I'm happy, I promise. Lorenzo is very caring towards me. I love him." She sounds like she was trying to convince herself, I could tell she didn't want to continue talking about so I moved on.

"What about you? Does your mother truly want you to marry for more power?" Daisy asked another question, sympathy in her smooth voice.

"It seems so."

Daisy shook her head, "I'm here for you too."

       I smiled and held her hand. We stayed talking for another half an hour before Daisy told me she had to leave to plan for her wedding. I hugged her and told her goodbye.

  I closed the door to the house and started walking towards my room when there was a knock on the door. I dismissed the guards at the door and opened the door, expecting to see Daisy, she's probably forgot something.

  I opened the door with a smile on my face, prepared to make fun of her for being forgetful again.

    Instead I saw the boy I had become familiar with at the markets only a few day prior.