𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

✿ [Y/N] POV

I was lying in my bed, my face against the pillow as I day dream about Tewkesbury. I missed him terribly, and I couldn't wait to see him.

The last time I saw him had been a day ago now, we met in the garden as usual and he was perfect in every way.

I heard a knock on my door and I'm broken out of my thoughts, "Miss, there's someone here to see you."

I sit up on the bed and recognize the voice of a house servant, I tell her I'll be down in a  moment and I wonder who it is.

   A part of me hopes it Tewkesbury coming to talk with my father but I wasn't getting my hopes up.

I walk out of my room and down the long set of stairs and to the two large front doors of my family's home.

I'm met with a old looking man, his hair is dark brown and his skin tone is on the darker side, he looked to have money but didn't look to be a lord, he wore a black coat and black hat.

   "Could I help you sir? I've heard you requested my presence?" I ask him, "Yes, I'm inspector Lestrade and I'm here to talk with you about Tewkesbury Basilwether."

I narrow my eyes, I had heard of an Inspector Lestrade from Enola, something about him being good friends with her brother.

But I was insanely confused and I step a bit closer and whisper, knowing that that name was practically banned in this household. "What about him?"

    "He's left."

I feel my eyebrows furrow with pure confusion, my stomach feeling anxious and swirling with confusion and hurt. This couldn't be.

He wouldn't have. No. No.

   "What are you saying?" I ask inspector Lestrade, my voice wavering in disbelief in hurt. This wasn't happening. No!

He couldn't have left me. No. He wouldn't have, he wouldn't.

My ears ring as Inspector Lestrade continues to speak, "Yes. He left to go overseas last night, he's joined the army. I was told to come here to inform you by my provider."

"How dare you come here to tell me such lies?" My voice is almost rude as I wipe a tear that was about to fall, Inspector Lestrade shakes his head as he continues to speak.

  "It's true, he joined the military to follow into his uncles footsteps, he left late last night."

I shake my head, not believing him, "No no no, I don't know where you think you're going with this lie but I don't care to hear it. Leave!"

  Inspector Lestrade raises his hands as if an act of surrender, "I'm just the messenger, I was told to tell you by his parents. He's left and it doesn't appear he's coming back any time soon."

   I feel my heart twist and turn, my vision becoming dizzy. This wasn't happening. No. It couldn't be.

"I don't believe this! He would do no such thing!"

  Inspector Lestrade seems to look at me with sympathy, "His parents informed me and told me to come here to tell you, I'm sorry but he's left."

   "No. I don't believe this. And the only way I'll believe this is if I hear it from his parents themselves." I tell him, my eyes watering with hurt.

   I hear the clacking of heels and my mother walks to us but I don't look at her. The only thing I feel is my heart breaking in two.

"What's going on here?" I hear my mother asks and Inspector Lestrade explains everything.