𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Tewkesbury's POV

I started walking outside to meet with   [Y/N] when my uncle stopped me.

"Where are you going? It's past nine now." He demanded. "I'm going outside." I explained, not entirely lying.

"Another time. Your mother wants
to talk with you." He said walking closer to me. I sighed and ran my hand down my face. The only thing I wanted to do is meet with [Y/N]. I feel empty when I'm without her.

"Tell them I'm busy." I urged and my uncles shook his head sternly no and I knew I wasn't going to be able to leave without talking to them.

He lead me to the dining room where my mother and grandmother were sat. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I sat down.

My mother cleared her throat and held hands with my father, "I have come to a decision."

I looked around at my grandmother and uncle to see them staring at my parents. "I want you to join the army, like your uncle. You can go overseas."

I felt my life slipping away with those last words. I saw my life flashing before me. [Y/N], being heartbroken and furious by my choice of leaving her, and with all the reason. I know how guilty she feels for lying to her family, for keeping what we have a secret.

She told me so herself, how the guilt keeps her up at night and how she's terrified of what her mother would do if she were to find out before her father.

I saw the Italian her mother wants her to marry eventually coming back, and [Y/N] out of grief and anger of my leaving that she accepts his proposal. I see her having children with him, her family's situation with money getting fixed.

My mind kept running wild, thoughts of [Y/N] with Phillip making me clench my fists at the thought of another man touching her. Me being away from her. No.

"No." I answered swiftly and my mother groaned. "Don't be difficult. This is for your own good."

I scoffed and glanced at my grandmother before look at my parents again. "I don't see the need. I want to stay here."

"No. You will do this so you can follow into your uncles footsteps before you become a lord." My mother continued and I stood up. Not baring to hear anymore. I heard my mother calling for me but I ignored her and continued to walk up the stairs feeling defeated. I can't let her find out about this, it'll destroy her.

I make a quick decision and decide to not to her about it, knowing that it will only worry her poor heart more and I don't want her to get upset over something I refuse to let happen. But in the end I'm still left confused.

What am I supposed to say to [Y/N]?

[Y/N] POV

My mind wandered to thoughts of Tewkesbury as I walked outside of my family's home. The fountain I was walking next to made noises of water dripping and running.

My hair blew in the wind slightly, I felt saddened by the fact that Tewkesbury never showed up last night. My lips parted as I thought of when we saw each other yesterday. And all I saw was Tewkesbury's brown eyes glowing in the sun, nearing my face as he lowered his lips to meet mine.

Why didn't you show up? Why haven't you even sent me a letter to explain.

I walked back inside, deciding to write a letter. I walked into the grand living room and sat in the desk by the piano, getting my paper and quil. I barely set the quil on the paper when my aunt Josephine's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.