2. 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭

° {Night} °

Fictional world or not, loneliness was a familiar companion for me. Though, the ache in my heart seemed unfamiliar, worse even, as if it was magnified by the unrealness of my surroundings. It was a discomfort I couldn't shake, a reminder of how much I sometimes wished I could escape this fabricated world.

The silence in my apartment was unusual, considering my neighbors were typically a little active. Whilst I sat in my silent apartment, I found myself lost in the depths of the internet, uncovering a myriad of new information.

One of the things I discovered on the Internet was that Gotham City, an infamous city known for its crime and vigilantism, is a real place in this semi-realistic world I now inhabit.

"Yep, fuckin Gotham," I mutter as I rub my tired eyes.

I pressed on one of the articles and read the topic.

'Wayne's Charity Gala'

The display presented two images; one with Bruce Wayne alone and the other showing the entire Bat family dressed to impress with fancy jewelry and perfect hair. They all looked stunning and happy, wearing smiles on their faces.

Frustration consumed me whilst I spun in my office chair, contemplating my predicament. Miraculous was one thing, but the thought of being featured in a ridiculous salt fic was beyond my ability to handle it. I couldn't believe I was caught up in such a mess. How did this happen to me? I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair, hoping for a solution to magically appear. But for now, I was stuck in this absurd situation, uncertain of how to escape it.

'What should I do?' I found myself lost in thought. Unsure of my next move, I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. As I spun around on my chair, I tried to gather my thoughts.

In my old world, I was an avid reader of Miraculous salt fanfiction, indulging in numerous stories about the characters from the show and devouring each and every fic I read mostly on Tumblr.

I used to heavily dislike Lila, so I enjoyed reading fanfiction and prompts about where she was exposed as a liar. However, now that I have replaced Lila as the show's villain, I don't want to experience similar treatment in fanfiction.

Many salt prompts and fics involving Lila Rossi always had an unfavorable outcome.

She's either publicly exposed and sued for her lies, leading to the downfall of her reputation, or her mom suffers the consequences of her daughter's deceptions, causing her to be fired or even to disown Lila.

Or she'll go to prison for no one knows what.

"OH, GOD! OH GOD! This is starting to make sense on why my mom is a fucking LAWYER!" I exclaimed, my heart racing. I was overcome with panic. The pieces began to fall into place, and I felt the weight of my new understanding pressing down on me.

There were plenty of stories about how Lila's mom was a lawyer and how her mother got sued for billions of her own daughter's harmless or deadly lies.

Lila's mother, a lawyer, was often the subject of stories. The woman faced lawsuits worth billions due to her daughter's habit of spreading lies that ranged from harmless to dangerous.

The situation was ridiculous, putting a fourteen-year-old through all of this just to make their ship work. It was clear that people had lost their minds and sense of morality. The whole thing was just fucked up!

And don't even get started with the class too! Most of them were either supporting Marinette or against her, leaving her with very few allies. Only Chloe, Kagami, and Luka were on her side.